Nvidia 6800 oc problems

maciek_02

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
hi. i own a nvidia 6800 oc 128mb card. i owned it for 3 years now and recently it started to mess up. every time i start my pc the colors are messed up and u cant see any picture or writing. and some of the times it makes a 2 beeping sounds in a row. i have to restart my pc on and of till the screen is normal but once it starts running i have no problems.

What is your power supply and how old is it? A failing PSU can cause all sorts of strange issues, particularly at boot time.

Depending on your MB 2 beeps can mean a memory problem, either in main or video memory.
With the computer switched off and unplugged, remove and then refit your main memory sticks (called reseating).
Remove and refit the video card.
Reconnect the computer and start it.
If the problem is still there, when you can get it to work, downclock the card; 25MHz off the core and 50MHz off the memory and try again.
If this fails you are, indeed, most certainly, going to have to replace the card

maciek_02

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
i tried ur method and it wont start im using the intergrated video card that the pc came with. the PC is pentium4 2.0 ghz with 1.5g ram and windos XP home

maciek_02

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009

i tried ur method and it wont start im using the intergrated video card that the pc came with. the PC is pentium4 2.0 ghz with 1.5g ram and windos XP home

maciek_02

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009

i actualy contacted the manufacter tech support and they told me its (The issue you are seeing is called artifacting in post, and is usually an indication of defective ram in the video card.)

ty for helping me with the problem

maciek_02

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009

well i called the company and they are going to replace the card for free so im really happy :)
TY for ur help