Liquid cooling solution!!!!

crackshot101

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I need a dual loop liquid cooling configuration to cool an i7 980x and gpu1 (xfx 5970 black edition) for loop 1, loop 2 needs to cool gpu2 (xfx 5970 black edition) and mobo (asus rampage III). I am COMPLETELY! new to the water cooling world, and i am going to need it to 5.0 ghz 980x, at least that's how powerful i want it, and my gpu 1200 mhz, from stock 725 mhz. I was thinking this as my first loop

First Loop:

radiator: gtx 560
reservoir: xspc 5.25" bay reservoir
pump: DD / Laing DDC 3.25 -12V 18 Wat version
tubing: PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Red Tubing 10 feet
coolant: PrimoChill Ice Water Cooling Coolant- Blood Red (is this non-conductive?!!)
cpu block: swiftech xt
gpu block: gtx 480 ftw hydro or, dd nickel waterblock?

Second loop:

radiator: gtx 560
tubing: PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV blue Tubing 10 feet
coolant: PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Water Cooling Coolant (32 oz.)- Electric UV Blue
mobo block: koolant MB-ASR3E

Third loop (for third and fourth gpu's)

radiator: gtx 560?
tubing: PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV blue Tubing 10 feet
coolant: PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Water Cooling Coolant (32 oz.)- nature green 32 oz.
(will have when mod for ar3e mod for quad sli comes out) gpu block: gtx 480 ftw hydro or, dd nickel waterblock?

all in a lian li p80d case with a silverstone 1500w 80 plus efficiency.

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
You won't get 5.0ghz 980x without getting subzero with extreme cooling. Also cooling can't supplement the need for using potentially unsafe amounts of voltage.

Your card may or may not get to 1200mhz, probably not. You would proably get between 1000mhz and 1100mhz.

Water cooling the motherboard has no gains at all.

The Swiftech XT is a very good and inexpensive CPU block.

I am using the Ek 5970 blocks and they seem the best.

You don't need a 1500W PSU. Something 1000W would probably cut it but there is no harm in getting more. Something 80 plus gold would probably be better.

As for the radiators. The best you can get with water is really just room temperature. Two 360 radiators would probably be very good but I guess you can externally mount two larger radiators if you want. The corsair 800D cant mount anything larger than a single 360 radiator inside.

Just use distilled water as coolant. Any so called "non-conductive" coolant will pick up conductivity on contact with metals from the waterblocks and become really conductive. So they are useless except for causing gunk buildup inside your blocks and staining your hands.

crackshot101

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

actually i was thinking of getting of those HUGE!!! lian li cases because i would be able to mount all of my liquid cooling setup there, and i could mod one of them easily, also, am i missing anything nessecary for my water cooling?

crackshot101

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
actually this radiator quad 140mm fan radiator, the actual best radiator on the market, plus i am not getting the 5970's anymore, i saw friends tri sli 480 build, and that is the setup for me,so i need new parts and all, i was thinking of the evga ftw hrydro's, as it saves me the need of having to buy a water block, but i heard that just getting a normal 480 and a dd nickel waterblock is even better, but it cost more.