Good and quiet cooler for amd phenom ii 955 BE and dual 5850 "problem"

pretty_elbow

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
i will buy a new cooler for my amd phenom ii 955 BE because my stock cooler is WAY to loud!
oh, and don't suggest me any noctua coolers because there isn't any of them in my country
my motherbard is asrock 890gx extreme 3
and one more thing:
i have a 5850 graphics card
i will do crossfire soon so i was wondering how much should i overclock my phenom ii 955 so it stops bottlenecking dual ati radeon 5850

thanks!

pretty_elbow

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
thanks about that but i don't have that coolers here in my country
in this store you can see what coolers i can buy (i know it's not on english but you will understand, and i sorted them to price, hope you will understand)

normal coolers: http://www.links.hr/index.php?option=katList&deftab=yes&page=sviartikli&id_kategorija=050903&sort_cat=cijena_s_pdv&sort_ord=desc

pasive coolers: http://www.links.hr/index.php?option=katList&deftab=yes&page=sviartikli&id_kategorija=050907&sort_cat=cijena_s_pdv&sort_ord=desc

and don't worry about coolermaster coolers, i can get any of that coolers in other store
my budget: i can pay any of that coolers but i just don't want to pay much more for little bit better cooler

with all that in mind i think that scythe mugen 2 rev.b is the best price/performance/audio cooler
that's just my opinion but i'm no expert and i would much rather listen to your advices

thanks!

The THERMALRIGHT MUX-120 will be quieter than the other high end coolers, The mugen 2 has good cooling but isn't that quiet also the Zalman CNPS10X Quiet may be worth considering. The Coolmaster Hyper 212+ is normally a great value cooler but isn't very quiet.

roger911

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
You can always order in internationally if you're willing to pay the shipping... If you want something that's quite, water cooling is probably your best choice (If you can afford it). Look up the Coolit eco or corsair h50, they are stand alone cpu water cooling systems and run pretty quietly and efficiently.

pretty_elbow

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010

i don't wan't to deal with international ordering because i'm 14 and i don't have a credit card, and my parents still live in the 90's. they don't trust online shopping and all that :cry:
corsair h50 is to expensive for me (here scythe mugen 2 is more than 2 times cheaper)
oh, and by "quiet" i didn't really wan't the quietest cooler of them all but it just must be a lot quiter than stock cooler
i can stand low-mid noise but i can't stand the high noise as the stock cooler
well, of course it's preffered to be quiet but it can't be ridiculously overpriced :??: