Embedded Media Player in Pocket Internet Explorer

June 24, 2004 6:06:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.de.pocketpc,microsoft.public.mobileexplorer,microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

Hi

i am trying to program a Webpage which has got an embedded windows media
player on the page. but when i connect to the webpage with my Qtek 2020
which has got Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition on it i can´t see the
windows Media player in the Webpage.

Can anybody help me how i can embed the Windows Media Player on a Webpage
which i can see with my PDA?

Best regards

Marco Müller
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 7:27:17 PM

Oh, dear ! Right, it's going to be more complicated that you thought.

First off, are you embedding using the player 6.4 object model and
classID, or the desktop player 7 / 9 classID ? The 6.4 classID starts
with 22 if that helps.

Next, your PPC doesn't by default have an activeX which pocket IE can
use to display the embedded player. To do this you need to download
the control. Unfortunately, a version of the PPC/ PIE control for late
versions (WM2003 media player) was pulled due to 'customer
dissatisfaction'.

You can use the control for PPC media player version 7 *but* this is
only available as part of the SDK. You need to unpack the SDK and look
for the file wmnall.exe which ends up in the SDK root folder :

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/s...

Or http://tinyurl.com/2zt8u

This should be run and transferred to your device. Now Pocket IE can
pick up embedded media OBJECT tags with the version 6.4 classid.

Unfortunately your problems are still not over on WM2003 :

Putting *any* param tags into the object tags for your embedded player
will cause the PPC player to bale and PIE to close. To overcome this
you need to set *each* param tag using the documented (in the SDK
docs) javascript method for the parameter.

Finally, you'll notice a tiled windows media background image behind
your clip if it doesn't fully fit the display area. Several of us have
tried to overcome this, with no success just yet, though I'm stril
trying to find a way (documented or not) to do this.

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:06:38 +0200, "Marco Müller"
<Marco.Mueller@artec.de> wrote:

>Hi
>
>i am trying to program a Webpage which has got an embedded windows media
>player on the page. but when i connect to the webpage with my Qtek 2020
>which has got Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition on it i can´t see the
>windows Media player in the Webpage.
>
>Can anybody help me how i can embed the Windows Media Player on a Webpage
>which i can see with my PDA?
>
>Best regards
>
>Marco Müller

Anonymous
June 25, 2004 12:11:20 PM

Hi Neil,

thank you for your Informations. i have Tryed it with the classID from 6.4
and 7/9 but non was working, now i will try to install the wmnall.exe on the
PPC.

is it possible for you to give me a small Demo Sourcecode of the Webpage how
it should look like to have a Embedded windows media player on it with a
resolution from 176x144?

Thanks for your help

Marco Müller

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Oh, dear ! Right, it's going to be more complicated that you thought.
>
> First off, are you embedding using the player 6.4 object model and
> classID, or the desktop player 7 / 9 classID ? The 6.4 classID starts
> with 22 if that helps.
>
> Next, your PPC doesn't by default have an activeX which pocket IE can
> use to display the embedded player. To do this you need to download
> the control. Unfortunately, a version of the PPC/ PIE control for late
> versions (WM2003 media player) was pulled due to 'customer
> dissatisfaction'.
>
> You can use the control for PPC media player version 7 *but* this is
> only available as part of the SDK. You need to unpack the SDK and look
> for the file wmnall.exe which ends up in the SDK root folder :

http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/s...

> Or http://tinyurl.com/2zt8u
>
> This should be run and transferred to your device. Now Pocket IE can
> pick up embedded media OBJECT tags with the version 6.4 classid.
>
> Unfortunately your problems are still not over on WM2003 :
>
> Putting *any* param tags into the object tags for your embedded player
> will cause the PPC player to bale and PIE to close. To overcome this
> you need to set *each* param tag using the documented (in the SDK
> docs) javascript method for the parameter.
>
> Finally, you'll notice a tiled windows media background image behind
> your clip if it doesn't fully fit the display area. Several of us have
> tried to overcome this, with no success just yet, though I'm stril
> trying to find a way (documented or not) to do this.
>
> Cheers - Neil
>

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:06:38 +0200, "Marco Müller"
> <Marco.Mueller@artec.de> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >i am trying to program a Webpage which has got an embedded windows media
> >player on the page. but when i connect to the webpage with my Qtek 2020
> >which has got Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition on it i can´t see the
> >windows Media player in the Webpage.
> >
> >Can anybody help me how i can embed the Windows Media Player on a Webpage
> >which i can see with my PDA?
> >
> >Best regards
> >
> >Marco Müller

June 25, 2004 10:39:08 PM

Sure, see attached. Check the video size on your server, I'm not too
sure it's set up for QCIF but 240x240 overlall Object size (includes
the controls)

You'll need to change the URL to a filename (check the commented out
\\My Documents line or the format) if you play the video off a SD card
or memory .... this sample is setup for my net (192.168.10.152:85) to
play an ASX file containing a media playlist.

Commented out lines are where I was trying (and failed) to get some of
the documented but unused in WMP7/PPC to work for MWP9 using the WMP7
control - hope that makes sense. (In case you wonder, they don't work)

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:11:20 +0200, "Marco Müller"
<Marco.Mueller@artec.de> wrote:

>Hi Neil,
>
>thank you for your Informations. i have Tryed it with the classID from 6.4
>and 7/9 but non was working, now i will try to install the wmnall.exe on the
>PPC.
>
>is it possible for you to give me a small Demo Sourcecode of the Webpage how
>it should look like to have a Embedded windows media player on it with a
>resolution from 176x144?
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Marco Müller
>

>"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Oh, dear ! Right, it's going to be more complicated that you thought.
>>
>> First off, are you embedding using the player 6.4 object model and
>> classID, or the desktop player 7 / 9 classID ? The 6.4 classID starts
>> with 22 if that helps.
>>
>> Next, your PPC doesn't by default have an activeX which pocket IE can
>> use to display the embedded player. To do this you need to download
>> the control. Unfortunately, a version of the PPC/ PIE control for late
>> versions (WM2003 media player) was pulled due to 'customer
>> dissatisfaction'.
>>
>> You can use the control for PPC media player version 7 *but* this is
>> only available as part of the SDK. You need to unpack the SDK and look
>> for the file wmnall.exe which ends up in the SDK root folder :
>>

>http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/s...
>>
>> Or http://tinyurl.com/2zt8u
>>
>> This should be run and transferred to your device. Now Pocket IE can
>> pick up embedded media OBJECT tags with the version 6.4 classid.
>>
>> Unfortunately your problems are still not over on WM2003 :
>>
>> Putting *any* param tags into the object tags for your embedded player
>> will cause the PPC player to bale and PIE to close. To overcome this
>> you need to set *each* param tag using the documented (in the SDK
>> docs) javascript method for the parameter.
>>
>> Finally, you'll notice a tiled windows media background image behind
>> your clip if it doesn't fully fit the display area. Several of us have
>> tried to overcome this, with no success just yet, though I'm stril
>> trying to find a way (documented or not) to do this.
>>
>> Cheers - Neil
>>

>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:06:38 +0200, "Marco Müller"
>> <Marco.Mueller@artec.de> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >i am trying to program a Webpage which has got an embedded windows media
>> >player on the page. but when i connect to the webpage with my Qtek 2020
>> >which has got Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition on it i can´t see the
>> >windows Media player in the Webpage.
>> >
>> >Can anybody help me how i can embed the Windows Media Player on a Webpage
>> >which i can see with my PDA?
>> >
>> >Best regards
>> >
>> >Marco Müller

Anonymous
June 25, 2004 10:39:09 PM

begin 644 webcontrol1.html
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M,C)$-F8S,3(M0C!&-BTQ,40P+3DT04(M,#`X,$,W-$,W13DU(B!S=&%N9&)Y
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M9&5O0F]R9&5R5VED=&@](B-&1D-#,#`B.PH)4&QA>65R+E-H;W=';W1O0F%R
M/71R=64["@E0;&%Y97(N4VAO=T-O;G1R;VQS/71R=64["@E0;&%Y97(N4VAO
M=U!O<VET:6]N0V]N=')O;',]=')U93L*"B\O"5!L87EE<BY&:6QE3F%M93TB
M7%Q->2!$;V-U;65N='-<7&AT;6Q<7'1R86EL97(N=VUV(CL*"5!L87EE<BY&
M:6QE3F%M93TB:'1T<#HO+S$Y,BXQ-C@N,3`N,34R.C@U+W1E<W0N87-X(CL*
M"5!L87EE<BY0;&%Y*"D["GT*/"]S8W)I<'0^"@H\+V)O9'D^"CPO:'1M;#X*
`
end
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 5:28:46 PM

Neil

i tryed the HTML file you sended me and everythink is working fine except
that i can´t turn of the Control Interface?
if i use Player.ShowControls=false then still i can see the Windows Player
Controlls, do you know how i can hide the Controls that i only can see the
Video Window in the Webpage?

best regards

Marco

> Sure, see attached. Check the video size on your server, I'm not too
> sure it's set up for QCIF but 240x240 overlall Object size (includes
> the controls)
>
> You'll need to change the URL to a filename (check the commented out
> \\My Documents line or the format) if you play the video off a SD card
> or memory .... this sample is setup for my net (192.168.10.152:85) to
> play an ASX file containing a media playlist.
>
> Commented out lines are where I was trying (and failed) to get some of
> the documented but unused in WMP7/PPC to work for MWP9 using the WMP7
> control - hope that makes sense. (In case you wonder, they don't work)
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:11:20 +0200, "Marco Müller"
> <Marco.Mueller@artec.de> wrote:
>
> >Hi Neil,
> >
> >thank you for your Informations. i have Tryed it with the classID from
6.4
> >and 7/9 but non was working, now i will try to install the wmnall.exe on
the
> >PPC.
> >
> >is it possible for you to give me a small Demo Sourcecode of the Webpage
how
> >it should look like to have a Embedded windows media player on it with a
> >resolution from 176x144?
> >
> >Thanks for your help
> >
> >Marco Müller
> >

> >"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >> Oh, dear ! Right, it's going to be more complicated that you thought.
> >>
> >> First off, are you embedding using the player 6.4 object model and
> >> classID, or the desktop player 7 / 9 classID ? The 6.4 classID starts
> >> with 22 if that helps.
> >>
> >> Next, your PPC doesn't by default have an activeX which pocket IE can
> >> use to display the embedded player. To do this you need to download
> >> the control. Unfortunately, a version of the PPC/ PIE control for late
> >> versions (WM2003 media player) was pulled due to 'customer
> >> dissatisfaction'.
> >>
> >> You can use the control for PPC media player version 7 *but* this is
> >> only available as part of the SDK. You need to unpack the SDK and look
> >> for the file wmnall.exe which ends up in the SDK root folder :
> >>

>http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediaplayer/s...
-US/Windows%20Media%20Player%20CE%20SDK.exe

> >> Or http://tinyurl.com/2zt8u
> >>
> >> This should be run and transferred to your device. Now Pocket IE can
> >> pick up embedded media OBJECT tags with the version 6.4 classid.
> >>
> >> Unfortunately your problems are still not over on WM2003 :
> >>
> >> Putting *any* param tags into the object tags for your embedded player
> >> will cause the PPC player to bale and PIE to close. To overcome this
> >> you need to set *each* param tag using the documented (in the SDK
> >> docs) javascript method for the parameter.
> >>
> >> Finally, you'll notice a tiled windows media background image behind
> >> your clip if it doesn't fully fit the display area. Several of us have
> >> tried to overcome this, with no success just yet, though I'm stril
> >> trying to find a way (documented or not) to do this.
> >>
> >> Cheers - Neil

Webpage

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 11:25:58 PM

From the SDK documentation :

" The control bar contains buttons for play/pause, stop, previous, and
next, and sliders for controlling the volume and playback position.
You can enable or disable these controls by setting the ShowControls,
ShowPositionControls, ShowAudioControls, and ShowTracker properties.

If any of these properties are set to true, the entire control bar
will be displayed with the appropriate controls enabled or disabled.
If all of these properties are set to false, the control bar will not
be displayed. "

So you need to set all of those controls to false (and the javascript
binary value false, not the string "false" too !)

Cheers - Neil

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:28:46 +0200, "Marco Müller"

!