leapinglava

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
I own a DELL XPS GEN 5 computer and i'm looking to upgrade it's 460watt power supply to a 650 watt.

Since i've been on ebay, i've noticed several different deals for different versions of the xps and other types.Would anyone know which model numbers are compatible with mine and would they have the same number of connectors ? What i find not clear is that a lot of them have same model number but different dell part # and i want to make sure they are ok for my version of pc.any feed back is appriciated.tks.

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
It'll be hard and a bad decision to find a computer specific PSU. Get an Ultra LSP650 which will have everything you want and much more.

Any good standard ATX PSU will do. Thank god Dell started using standard PSUs, as they previously often had a different wiring layout that prevented you from easily replacing the PSU. Anyway get something from Antec, Corsair, FSP, or PC Power & Cooling. Ultra's are o.k, but I don't really like them and they are on the lower end of things. If you buy an Ultra though don't go for the really cheap ones they sell online, since the quality is horrible. At least get the lifetime series, which has a warranty. They sell them at CompUSA if you want to be able to return it fast ^_^.