EVGA GTX 280 help

nickfox919

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
I just purchased an EVGA GTX 280, and it performs nicely, but my only issue is it makes buzzing noises under load. Can anyone tell me if this is normal for these cards or do i need to send it back?im just worried that even though it works good now, something may go wrong with it down the road. It makes a sound like electricity buzz and its quiet but enough to notice. Its not my power supply i already checked. Specs E8400 3ghz, EVGA GTX 280, 4 gig corsair 6400, OCZ 700 watt modxtreme pro psu, intel motherboard

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
My hd3870 does the same, an old x800gto i had did the same.

the old x800gto ran OC'ed for over a year without a single problem (after the year i sold it ;) )

And my hd3870 works perfectly fine too.

If you don't feel safe about it, you can RMA it since it's an very expensive GPU. Do what you think is right ;)

nickfox919

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2008
well the temps never have gotten any hotter than 63c and that was playing farcry 2 max settings. I keep the fan at 65 % at all times and i know its not fan noise i can tell the difference thanks guys for your help

There have been other posts about this reguarding both ATi and Nvidia cards.
It`s caused by the power regulation circuitry on the card itself and is nothing to do with the rest of your system.
As far as I know it`s not a problem, just annoying.
Anyway, it brings back fond memories of my old 48K Spectrum singing to me as it worked...Sniff;)