(Sims2) The Goths have crashed!

For some reason, I can't load up the Goth family any more. I've only
played them twice and now when I try to load them up, it starts
that 'The Sims 2 has crashed. The application will now terminate."

Any idea what's wrong and/or how to fix short of a complete reinstall
and losing all the effort I've gone to on my other families?

~*~
vecki

I downloaded some hair and clothing from TSR yesterday - haven't
actually used any of them though! In fact I'm not even sure that I've
installed them in the right folder now that I think of it (going to
check that tonight when I get home from work).

All the other families seem ok - just the Goths won't load. And I was
about to move Cassandra and Don out to prepare for the birth of their
kid :-(

~*~
vecki

vecki wrote:
> For some reason, I can't load up the Goth family any more. I've
only
> played them twice and now when I try to load them up, it starts
> that 'The Sims 2 has crashed. The application will now terminate."
>
> Any idea what's wrong and/or how to fix short of a complete
reinstall
> and losing all the effort I've gone to on my other families?

It could be a corrupt lot. You might try moving them out and into a
different one.

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

"vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, I can't load up the Goth family any more. I've only
> played them twice and now when I try to load them up, it starts
> that 'The Sims 2 has crashed. The application will now terminate."
>
> Any idea what's wrong and/or how to fix short of a complete reinstall
> and losing all the effort I've gone to on my other families?
>
> ~*~
> vecki

I think if you re-install over your current game, your familes, houses, etc.
will still be there. Although they MIGHT lose relationships. I don't
remember.

--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vecki wrote:
> For some reason, I can't load up the Goth family any more. I've only
> played them twice and now when I try to load them up, it starts
> that 'The Sims 2 has crashed. The application will now terminate."
>
> Any idea what's wrong and/or how to fix short of a complete reinstall
> and losing all the effort I've gone to on my other families?

Downloaded anything from 3rd party sites, particularly houses? They
come chock full of hacks that can cause troubles sometimes.

--
--Cuth