Solved

Why can\'t I Drag and Drop?

When I drag and drop a folder it only takes an outline, then when I unclick the folder goes into that outline. Before I used to be able to drag and drop the folder with no outline.
Neil
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about drag drop
  1. It's visual style either in Display Properties or Folder Options forgot which atm.
  2. Cyberat_88 said:
    It's visual style either in Display Properties or Folder Options forgot which atm.

Cannot find visual or find in folders.
    Neil
  3. Best answer
    Right click desktop, click properties, appearance tab, click effects, check "show window contents while dragging".
  4. Thank you problem fixed
    Neil
  5. Best answer selected by NeilMc.
  6. However every time I switch my PC on I have to go through this procedeure each time .Is there a way that I don't have to go throigh this procedeure each time I switch my PC on? Neil Mc
  7. Settings should be saved on exit, if it's not happening you have a problem.
    Go to windows explorer, Documents and Settings, right click and select Properties, uncheck Read Only for all subfolders and files as well. Shutdown and restart, it should save your settings.
    Make sure when you're in video properties you also click Apply or OK, do not click X out of it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP