Any recommended Bootable disk recovery software?

help needed

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Hello,
I've installed linux over a windows partition but missed some files on the backup. Can anyone recommend any software that might be able to rescue the old data?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

DustinM

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Depends on how you installed Linux, did you install side by side, or the guided function which uses the entire disk?

DustinM

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
I'm sorry but you will not be able to recover the data.
Unless you would like to play a-lot of money to have someone scrub the disk for
data fragments.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
actually get data back can retrieve data after 4 reformats.. so I think it may be possible to get your data back that way. you will have to sift through all the data to find what you are looking for. I own a computer repair company and that is hte software I use.however it is not a boot disc. you would have to install windows on a dif hard drive and set that one as a slave.. ( not boot to it) then run the software and pick what you need

help needed

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Cheers I'll give that a shot. I've rescued stuff after reformatting with same file system but not with a new os on top... should be interesting.
Fingers crossed

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
i have had customers reinstall windows 3 or 4 times trying to fix things themselves only to write over the data. and i was still able to recover most of it.. they look at me like a GOD lol