Your question
Solved

CPU cooler recommendation for Maximus III Formula

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 12, 2010 6:15:57 AM

Hey there everyone!

I'm in need of a GOOD CPU cooler for the Maximus and it'l run with an i5-750S which will be thrown in an old case - Thermaltake Armor Jr. w/ clear window. I will overclock and budget aint a problem but the best bang for buck will be a plus...and on a side note...a cooler that doesn't compromise the ROG badge from being shown off :D  (anyone up for the corsair H50 or am i just fine on air?)

Thanks for your time!
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 12, 2010 7:15:12 AM

The H50 performs worse than the more powerful air coolers, I recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus (not on newegg, it's a bit overpriced there, you should find it from $30 - $40 on other sites), I'm just not sure whether it will fit into your case - Thermaltake's website says nothing about its dimensions.

Jw though... why did you/are you going to get an i5 750S if you are going to overclock it? Might as well have bought the i5 750.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 12, 2010 8:05:06 AM

whats the difference? I'm a noob with the bloody crappy core i's numbering series :p  and i didn't buy the mobo proc yet..will place an order simultaneously

i can take dimensions of it(though it'll take me a lil time)...
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 12, 2010 8:15:11 AM

Just pulled this from their mother site - however they aren't showing the Armor Jr. But they have the Aguila and both of them are identical!

Dimension (H x W x D)- 478.0 mm x 210.0 mm x 520.0 mm
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 12, 2010 11:15:20 AM

I've been fiddling through the forums. Is there any voice over taking the - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler instead of the CM Hyper 212+?

i already own a Hyper on my rampage extreme x48, which i bought not long ago. BTW i should mention i wont overclock like crazy only mildly.

lol - hyper meowing!!!!!!!
m
l

Best solution

December 13, 2010 1:05:14 PM

Hi, i am not a pro... but i have the same board... and i have the coolermaster V10... it's a matching piece... i am not sure about the performance because i dun really have the resource to compare... it by paperwork it should be the best aircooler from coolermaster...

P/S: becareful when using this cooler... u will have ram space limitation... corsair dominator will not fit...
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 13, 2010 4:08:46 PM

^hmmm, this thread has bee very old :)  thank you for reviving it ...Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

for all those lurkers reading this...I went with the H50 and have it as a push pull setup in my case with one fan having a shroud:

like this:LowCFM fan(pull)<case<H50 rad<shroud<Corsair 50CFM fan(push)

without an OC i'm idling at 23~24C on 4.0GHz OC's, Tmax is 50C...so am happy with its setup and the way it looks in my clear case cos of the cooling plate being lowprofile and i can show off the ROG logo.

You can take a look at this Rig(2) in my member config.

Quote:
P/S: becareful when using this cooler... u will have ram space limitation... corsair dominator will not fit...

I chose the H50 cos i ain't going to be running a crazy OC, but it saved my the worry of ram clearances and the compatibility with finding QVL rams that also looked good in my case... :lol:  yeah i know i'm insane...but aesthetically my case is as clean as a whistle. Plus cablemanagement worked as plus for airflow and it looks tidy.

Quote:
Jw though... why did you/are you going to get an i5 750S if you are going to overclock it? Might as well have bought the i5 750.
I took your advise and took the i5-750 ;)  cheers mate!
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
December 20, 2010 3:56:38 PM

Best answer selected by Lutfij.
m
l
!