rtfgirl

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Hi Everybody! Ohh I am hoping so much someone could help me!!! I have a hard drive w/WinXP Home and I have 3 logins. One for me one for my daughter and one for my son. All of them work except my son after he logs in he can't open any exe files. There's a windows that always comes up asking what program do I want to open the file with!

I didn't let him have desert after supper and now I'm the monster right! haha Neway my brother said to try the program SFC.exe but that won't start either! My daughter and I don't have this problem it's just w/my sons! HELP!!!!!! Thank you.

rtfgirl

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Hi Emerald! Thanks for taking the time to reply... and I'm fully aware that it's a virus... since this virus prevents application execution, no EXE program will run under my loging.

I think my only hope is to somehow repair the registry through my son or daughter's login. Thanks so much for your time!

Hows that saying go... "If the shoe fits...." :non:

If the anti-virus thing doesn't provide a cure, make a new account and delete the old one.
Before deleting the old one, someone with Administrator power needs to copy his files over to his new account folders. Leave behind unidentified downloads for deletion.