Where's best to buy from in UK?

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
I'm looking at a new system very soon and am wondering if anyone has suggestions on where's good to buy from. I have used Scan.co.uk and dabs.com in the past but does anyone know anywhere better. The USA people seem to use newegg.com alot, is there a UK equivalent?

Thanks.

MMclachlan

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
I've found Ebuyer have upped their prices a little recently, although they do free delivery if over £50 which is good.
Your best way is to do a uk only yahoo or google for the main components you need then with the cheapest prices for the most expensive parts work form there.

crusoe74

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
I have used all the sites mentioned above and have found them all to be fine. You might want to try Overclockers.co.uk.

Best of all, just shop around, all offer roughly the same prices but of course some will offer better deals on a particular item, at a particular time.

There does n`t seem to be one site here that seems to be as dominant as Newegg in the US.
You might add CCL to your list of sites to check although I`ve used the others mentioned as well and have had no cause for complaint.

klsdivan

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
Have used overclockers.co.uk in the past as they sometime have good offers on the weekly offers, but don't like their return policy. They make you arrange for it to be returned as they won't arrange collections, is annoying if don't have post office near you.

Ebuyer I have had the best level of customer service from, aria.co.uk is also cheap but have had some bad experiences with them.

But I suppose it can come down to personal experiences with companys and I would rather spend a bit more money and know that if there is a problem then it can be sorted easily

EKgamer

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
Ebuyer, I had a problem with them a few years ago. I ordered several items which came in 3 boxes. They were sealed perfectly, I opened them up and a router was missing from one of them. I phoned Ebuyer, raised a ticket, emailed, but they wouldn't replace the router. They tried to blame the courier even though the boxes looked to be taped all the same way. I reckon that someone in the warehouse made a mistake or stole the router. I asked if they had CCTV for the packing area and if they could wind back and see what items were placed in my boxes, at least then we could see if the router ever made it into the box and we'd know where the fault was, fat chance. It was such a pain trying to get my money back that I gave up in the end. Since then I have placed orders totally several thousands of pounds elsewhere. Never again would I shop at Ebuyer and it's only right that you're informed before you shop there. I had placed many orders without any problems, but the first order that had a problem and they just wouldn't do anything to sort it out.

www.bluepoint.net - you will need a trade account, but they are quite good.

www.saverstore.com - they had an excellent trade counter with staff that really knew their stuff and if there was a similar item at a better price, but since the "name change, administration, restart" they have not reopened the trade counter. I'm concerned about buying from them because some people did get shafter when they pulled their "rename, shutdown, restart new business with almost identical name, write off losses/orders/etc".

Overclockers have great prices, so do Scan, Novatech etc.
Novatech, like CCL, have stores around the country where you can collect and return if something goes wrong. I would suggest you find a store like that which does good prices, because at least you can always go back to the counter.