Big problem with new system :(

Gatz83

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Specs

-Asus M3A79-T Deluxe mobo (New)
-AMD Phenom II 940 BE CPU (New)
-2X2GB Mushkin 1066 Extreme performance 5-5-5-15 ram (New)
-OCZ ModX PSU 700 Watts (New)
-Western Digital Raptor 10K RPM 150GB (New)
-AuzenTech 7.1 Prelude Sound card (New)
-LG Blu Ray player with lite scribe (New)
Now heres the kicker and ill get to this in a second.
-Asus X600XT Video card (Not New LOL)

OK first of all why am I using this card?. I am using this card because I have a Asus 4870X2 on order but won't be coming to me for alittle while. So I thought I would use this cheapy card I have had for awhile to use to set up windows all my drivers etc...

Now heres my problem....When I turn on the PC nothing comes up on the screen it's completely blank, also no lights come up when I plug in my keyboard or mouse (Razor mouse and keyboard), and I tried different slots for the mouse/keyboard, and nothing.Here is what I have tried to fix the problem...

-Tried a different monitor
-Took out sound card
-Took out one of the ram peices from the dual channel configuration
-Took out the video card and put it back in to make sure it was in all the way
-Tried a different outlet in a different room
-Also tried plugging in another mouse to see if a connection was made to it (nothing happen) G5 Laser mouse.

What I did find alittle strange is that the CPU fan on the AMD Phenom II did seem alittle slow. Now this could of just been me, I havn't really seen stock CPU fans been used before I usually buy a heatsink/fan for my CPU's. I am no computer expert either so I dunno if it was actually slow or not. It could of been just chillin or in some type of sleep mode LOL.

I really don't think it's the video card because it works on another AMD system just fine. I havn't swapped out the video card to try another because I don't have another one lol. Anyways thanks for any help or suggestion you guys can give me.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005

Gatz83

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
Good guess Newf. I did some research and talked to another guy that had the exact same problem, and turns out my bios needs to be updated to 0602, because my motherboard doesn't recognize the cpu so that is why nothing is working (ie monitor peripheral etc..) because theres no CPU to tell them to turn on or do something LOL.

I have another CPU (3600+) that I will be installing soon to get into my bios so I can update the bios.