vivabiafra

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
I have an old athlon 64 amd socket 939...then there is a number...3800+.......2.4 ghz. was just wondering what safe idle temp and full on temp while gaming is. I am idling at about 38-40 degrees celsius and and around 50-54ish while gaming. I am thinking about doing some overclocking so what would my highest safe temp be Thanks

Solution
Turn it off while overclocking, then see if you have problems when it is enabled after you've found a stable clock speed. You want to remove any possible causes of instability while overclocking that might make you think you've hit the max for your chip.

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Well C & Q will lower your CPU clocks when its using 2D, and when 3D is in play then the original clocks will kick in. I don't have any experience with this as I do not overclock and i do not use C & Q. Good luck!

randomizer

Champion
Turn it off while overclocking, then see if you have problems when it is enabled after you've found a stable clock speed. You want to remove any possible causes of instability while overclocking that might make you think you've hit the max for your chip.

Solution