[2] Sims Walking Speed

I ran a few trials while I had a Sim on a 5x5 lot and was trying to
think of what I could build on such a big lot. (Eventually, I just gave
up and moved the Sim out to a smaller place :-)

What I did was to have the Sim walk from one edge of the lot to the
other while I watched the time. I did it several times to avoid error.

It seems that a walking Sim goes two tiles per minute. Each tile
represents about 3 feet, so a Sim's walking speed is a lordly 360 feet
per hour. By comparison, a brisk walking pace for a human being is 3
miles per hour, or 15,840 feet per hour.

A human walks more than 40 times as fast as a Sim.
20 answers Last reply
More about sims walking speed

    "gnohmon" <gnohmon@panix.com> wrote in message
    >I ran a few trials while I had a Sim on a 5x5 lot and was trying to
    > think of what I could build on such a big lot. (Eventually, I just
    > gave
    > up and moved the Sim out to a smaller place :-)
    >
    > What I did was to have the Sim walk from one edge of the lot to the
    > other while I watched the time. I did it several times to avoid error.
    >
    > It seems that a walking Sim goes two tiles per minute. Each tile
    > represents about 3 feet, so a Sim's walking speed is a lordly 360 feet
    > per hour. By comparison, a brisk walking pace for a human being is 3
    > miles per hour, or 15,840 feet per hour.
    >
    > A human walks more than 40 times as fast as a Sim.

    That's why I love the teleport hack! LOL I've just started using it and
    it is nice!!!!
    Sure saves steps and MY time. ROTFL

    ....B

    gnohmon wrote:
    > I ran a few trials while I had a Sim on a 5x5 lot and was trying to
    > think of what I could build on such a big lot. (Eventually, I just
    > gave up and moved the Sim out to a smaller place :-)
    >
    > What I did was to have the Sim walk from one edge of the lot to the
    > other while I watched the time. I did it several times to avoid
    error.

    > It seems that a walking Sim goes two tiles per minute. Each tile
    > represents about 3 feet, so a Sim's walking speed is a lordly 360
    feet
    > per hour. By comparison, a brisk walking pace for a human being is 3
    > miles per hour, or 15,840 feet per hour.
    >
    > A human walks more than 40 times as fast as a Sim.

    Yeah, that's part of the trouble with the Sims, it doesn't scale down
    exactly. Because their time is 60x as fast, but they aren't quite 60
    times a small as a human, they end walking a lot slower than humans

    why in heck does the 'alarm' clock only wake them up with an hour
    before they have to go to work? If they need a shower, toilet,
    breakfast, fun and (in kids/teens' cases) homework, I have to get them
    up at about 3am if not earlier if the kids are behind in their
    homework. Or teens and adults use the electro-energiser thingamijig
    (aspiration reward) to at least get their levels up.

    ~*~
    vecki

    Jeremy Reaban wrote:

    > Yeah, that's part of the trouble with the Sims, it doesn't scale down
    > exactly. Because their time is 60x as fast, but they aren't quite 60
    > times a small as a human, they end walking a lot slower than humans

    Or, in other words, get them Sims up for work early, because it takes
    them hours to eat an "instant" breakfast, take a whiz, and run out the door.

    --
    --Cuth

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > why in heck does the 'alarm' clock only wake them up with an hour
    > before they have to go to work? If they need a shower, toilet,
    > breakfast, fun and (in kids/teens' cases) homework, I have to get them
    > up at about 3am if not earlier if the kids are behind in their
    > homework.

    Hmm my Sims do a bit better than that. They can use the toilet, make their
    beds, shower, make and have breakfast and spend a bit of time playing the
    piano with two hours.

    Gareeth

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Gareeth wrote:
    > Hmm my Sims do a bit better than that. They can use the toilet, make their
    > beds, shower, make and have breakfast and spend a bit of time playing the
    > piano with two hours.

    Wow. That'd probably take all night (assuming you played the piano long
    enough to have any visible effect on Fun and/or Creativity) in TS1. :/ At
    least for me.

    I have one sim who runs just about everywhere he goes, lol. I tell him to
    go somewhere and he runs there. It's nice, sure cuts the time down too.
    I wonder what I did to him to make him do that.
    Course he is my leopard guy.........hmmm, maybe that is it, lmao!

    "Joseph William Dixon" <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Gareeth wrote:
    > > Hmm my Sims do a bit better than that. They can use the toilet, make
    their
    > > beds, shower, make and have breakfast and spend a bit of time playing
    the
    > > piano with two hours.
    >
    > Wow. That'd probably take all night (assuming you played the piano long
    > enough to have any visible effect on Fun and/or Creativity) in TS1. :/ At
    > least for me.
    >
    > --
    > "...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that
    cannot
    > easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
    > work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
    > http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > why in heck does the 'alarm' clock only wake them up with an hour
    > before they have to go to work? If they need a shower, toilet,
    > breakfast, fun and (in kids/teens' cases) homework, I have to get them
    > up at about 3am if not earlier if the kids are behind in their
    > homework. Or teens and adults use the electro-energiser thingamijig
    > (aspiration reward) to at least get their levels up.
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    Quite. This sort of thing is why I have no bad concience over using the
    user-boolprop cheat to boost up levels.
    I reason that 'if' they had the chance to go to the toilet as well as keep
    clean and eat, then they would. So I catheterise the horrors. They often
    have skin that does not attract dirt, as well.

    When it sometimes takes half an hour to go to the loo, I reckon some
    cheating is okay.

    Granny.

    >I have one sim who runs just about everywhere he goes, lol. I tell him to
    > go somewhere and he runs there. It's nice, sure cuts the time down too.
    > I wonder what I did to him to make him do that.
    > Course he is my leopard guy.........hmmm, maybe that is it, lmao!

    ..
    Leopard guy.... 8^O
    Yes, right......

    It is strange which Sims and why suddenly decide to gallop everywhere, and
    then you get Sims you tell to run, and the amble along without a care in the
    world.

    I have a gripe here. You get a nasty Sim who kicks trashcans. Right? I
    spotted him (Homer, again) this time and told my lady Sim to rush out and
    shout! Huh. Options were greet, tell joke, appreciate, for crying out loud.
    That sort of thing.
    I do think we should have a 'lose temper and hit the roof,' option, or even
    'tut and shake finger' for those of a gentler persuasion, irrespective of
    the feelings for the Sim in question. Let's face it. Good friends come
    dashing over and bawl abuse when the telescope has been peeking into their
    houses.

    Also, even experienced house builders can come a cropper. Another marriage
    this afternoon. As well as the party arrangements I thought it fit to build
    steps from the balcony to the garden as there is only one toilet downstairs.
    Make it easier for the poor things, thunk I.
    Result? Guests all trooping round from the back garden, through the front
    door, not only to use the toilet but also to get into the house, full stop.
    I was baffled until I spotted a balcony rail built straight accross the
    downstairs back door - inside, and unnoticable against rusty-red flowery
    carpet and brown back door.
    A combination of faulty mouse finger and dratted 'move objects on.' - and me
    being thick.

    Granny.

    vecki wrote:
    > why in heck does the 'alarm' clock only wake them up with an hour
    > before they have to go to work? If they need a shower, toilet,
    > breakfast, fun and (in kids/teens' cases) homework, I have to get them
    > up at about 3am if not earlier if the kids are behind in their
    > homework. Or teens and adults use the electro-energiser thingamijig
    > (aspiration reward) to at least get their levels up.

    Or there's the hacked espresso machine that puts all the needs in the
    green instantly. :-)

    --
    --Cuth

    I actually had a fire option (rather than the dismiss one) for a nanny the
    other day - I sent her away crying!!!!

    MM

    >I actually had a fire option (rather than the dismiss one) for a nanny the
    > other day - I sent her away crying!!!!
    >
    > MM

    Congratulations, you cruel beast.

    Granny.

    I was soooo proud - BEG

    >I was soooo proud - BEG
    >
    > MM

    Ah, yes, that sweet feeling of grim satisfaction, and the knowledge of a job
    well done.

    BTW, Goopy got hit by a falling whatsit the other day.... 8))))))
    <happy sigh>
    Cannot make my mind up how to spell that orbiting bleep-bleep thing so call
    it a grand piano.

    Granny.

    Congratulations! ;')

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > >I was soooo proud - BEG
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > Ah, yes, that sweet feeling of grim satisfaction, and the knowledge of a
    job
    > well done.
    >
    > BTW, Goopy got hit by a falling whatsit the other day.... 8))))))
    > <happy sigh>
    > Cannot make my mind up how to spell that orbiting bleep-bleep thing so
    call
    > it a grand piano.
    >
    > Granny.

    I killed a nanny the other day....built a brick wall around her and left
    her....whahahaha.... I had to, she wouldn't go home and she was a
    nightmare!

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

    > Congratulations! ;')

    <bow, simper...>
    And now he is a terribly angry little ghostie-poo as well.. Aw... Shame.

    I say. One of the living Sims wants to smash his, Goopy's, urn but I can't
    seem to find the option.
    Will Dear Goopums still haunt if his pot gets smitherated?
    I would hate to see him escape. I would miss him so.

    Granny.

    I've never tried it, but the prima guide said something about REALLY angry
    ghosts and then they are unable to be got rid of because you don't have
    their urn/stone to delete

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Congratulations! ;')
    > >
    > <bow, simper...>
    > And now he is a terribly angry little ghostie-poo as well.. Aw... Shame.
    >
    > I say. One of the living Sims wants to smash his, Goopy's, urn but I
    can't
    > seem to find the option.
    > Will Dear Goopums still haunt if his pot gets smitherated?
    > I would hate to see him escape. I would miss him so.
    >
    > Granny.

    The problem with the espresso machine is that you have to click on it.
    I much prefer the Flamingo of Happiness at LIU -- but then that's only
    natural, isn't it?

    > The problem with the espresso machine is that you have to click on it.
    > I much prefer the Flamingo of Happiness at LIU -- but then that's only
    > natural, isn't it?

    I've never tried your flamingo of happiness but I like the painting at
    MTS2 where I pick what
    need I want to green out. It does the aspiration thingy too. Usually, I
    like just the energy so the simmies will go about eating,
    taking showers, so forth. Especially, if there are babies and toddlers
    in the house. LOL

    .....B

Sims Games Video Games