Add/Remove Programs Does Not Show All Programs Installed?

In xp pro when I open add/remove Programs there is only 5 entries, & I
dont have any options to Change/Remove.
-Adobe Reader 6
-Highmet ext. to MS Windows xp cd etc.
-HP photo & Imaging 1.0 etc.
-shareIns.
-WebFldrs xp.
Yet I have over 20 programs installed including Zone alarm pro,
Ad-aware & SpyBot, AVG 6. All these are uptodate.

Checked reg. - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and the 'Uninstall' does not exist.
I am logged in as 'Administrator"
From the 'Start - All Programs' nearly all the programs listed here
have the 'Uninstall' function.

I have scoured the forums & read Kellys A-Z. But I am non the wiser.
Even with the programs listed in 'Add/Remove Programs' there is no
'Change/Remove'option.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Alan

Athlon 1g, dual boot 20g(98se) & 40g(xppro), 512ram.
3 answers Last reply
More about remove programs show programs installed

    Unless there is an entry in Uninstall key, the application cannot be
    uninstalled using Add/RemovePrograms wizard.

    "Jetro" <no.spam@internet> wrote in message news:<#QPzcwWKEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
    > Unless there is an entry in Uninstall key, the application cannot be
    > uninstalled using Add/RemovePrograms wizard.

    What I dont understand is why all the other programs have not listed
    in Add/Remove Programs? ... and why, the ones that are there dont
    respond when the 'Change/Remove' button is clicked on the left?
  3. Quote:

    In xp pro when I open add/remove Programs there is only 5 entries, & I
    dont have any options to Change/Remove.
    -Adobe Reader 6
    -Highmet ext. to MS Windows xp cd etc.
    -HP photo & Imaging 1.0 etc.
    -shareIns.
    -WebFldrs xp.
    Yet I have over 20 programs installed including Zone alarm pro,
    Ad-aware & SpyBot, AVG 6. All these are uptodate.

    Checked reg. - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    and the 'Uninstall' does not exist.
    I am logged in as 'Administrator"
    From the 'Start - All Programs' nearly all the programs listed here
    have the 'Uninstall' function.

    I have scoured the forums & read Kellys A-Z. But I am non the wiser.
    Even with the programs listed in 'Add/Remove Programs' there is no
    'Change/Remove'option.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Alan

    Athlon 1g, dual boot 20g(98se) & 40g(xppro), 512ram.

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP