Add/Remove Programs Does Not Show All Programs Installed?

April 23, 2004 2:05:53 AM

In xp pro when I open add/remove Programs there is only 5 entries, & I
dont have any options to Change/Remove.
-Adobe Reader 6
-Highmet ext. to MS Windows xp cd etc.
-HP photo & Imaging 1.0 etc.
-shareIns.
-WebFldrs xp.
Yet I have over 20 programs installed including Zone alarm pro,
Ad-aware & SpyBot, AVG 6. All these are uptodate.

Checked reg. - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and the 'Uninstall' does not exist.
I am logged in as 'Administrator"
From the 'Start - All Programs' nearly all the programs listed here
have the 'Uninstall' function.

I have scoured the forums & read Kellys A-Z. But I am non the wiser.
Even with the programs listed in 'Add/Remove Programs' there is no
'Change/Remove'option.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Alan

Athlon 1g, dual boot 20g(98se) & 40g(xppro), 512ram.
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 7:49:36 PM

Unless there is an entry in Uninstall key, the application cannot be
uninstalled using Add/RemovePrograms wizard.
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 11:28:30 PM

"Jetro" <no.spam@internet> wrote in message news:<#QPzcwWKEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Unless there is an entry in Uninstall key, the application cannot be
> uninstalled using Add/RemovePrograms wizard.

What I dont understand is why all the other programs have not listed
in Add/Remove Programs? ... and why, the ones that are there dont
respond when the 'Change/Remove' button is clicked on the left?
January 21, 2013 10:52:37 PM

Quote:

In xp pro when I open add/remove Programs there is only 5 entries, & I
dont have any options to Change/Remove.
-Adobe Reader 6
-Highmet ext. to MS Windows xp cd etc.
-HP photo & Imaging 1.0 etc.
-shareIns.
-WebFldrs xp.
Yet I have over 20 programs installed including Zone alarm pro,
Ad-aware & SpyBot, AVG 6. All these are uptodate.

Checked reg. - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
and the 'Uninstall' does not exist.
I am logged in as 'Administrator"
From the 'Start - All Programs' nearly all the programs listed here

!