Better mobo to OC i7 930?

actually its my first time to going for OC.....

i'm in search of good mobo and want to secure next 2 or 3 years....
so friends tell me
which brand would be better for i7 930
?

is it good mobo to overclock i7 930?

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 DDR3

and what about this?

ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

and i checked another one...

ASUS P6X58D-E ( but it is little bit cheaper then above 2s....
7 answers Last reply
More about better mobo
  1. I'm no expert on motherboards, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd probably go with the P6X58D-E. I don't think it differs much from the Premium, and it overclocks well. I was looking at some reviews a while back for a friend, and it seems the main differences are the lack of an extra ethernet port, an on-board reset button, and a cooling pipe... which doesn't sound worth it to me.
  2. redechelon said:
    I'm no expert on motherboards, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd probably go with the P6X58D-E. I don't think it differs much from the Premium, and it overclocks well. I was looking at some reviews a while back for a friend, and it seems the main differences are the lack of an extra ethernet port, an on-board reset button, and a cooling pipe... which doesn't sound worth it to me.

no there is an other big difference between these 2 mobos is that p6x58d-e can't support Intel Turbo Boost Technology.....
    and
    dude they have mentioned that this board P6X58D-E supports 3 wy sli.....but they didn't mentioned about crossfire....
    :-(
    is this mobo supports crossfire and crossfirex or 3 way crossfire?
  3. You may want to check a little more:

P6X58D-E supports turbo and crossfire.
  4. Why not check out the Tom's recommended pick
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/x58-usb-3.0-sata-6-gbps,2614.html
    The GA-X58A-UD3R is solid with 2 more sata ports than Asus.
    One step higher is UD5, which has dual Ethernet and fancier power circuitry.
    UD3R is cheaper, more features than Asus.
  5. thanks dude...i'll do this
  6. I second the UD3R same board I have and has more options than you need..lol sata 3 usb 3 xfire/sli support 4 x16 slots ( not all run at x16 speeds) tons of options in bios for overclock ( if you plan to do so) and a cmos reset button on the backplate so you don't have to open the case every time while oc'ing
  7. asus rampage3 extrem ...
    finally i have selected a mobo ....i think it'll secure 2 or 3 years...

friends please do some reviews about this mobo.... i think it would be better....
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Intel i7 Overclocking