Saving Sims

I just finished making a sim for a new family.

I'd like to save the sim so that I could use the eyes/hair/makeup/etc. with
a different name later.

There doesn't seem to be a save button anywhere.

How can I save the sim, so I could do something like go back into the
family editor and create a twin sister?

Thanks!

-Mel

Do it outside of the game using body shop. Then you can save it as a sim
and it will be in your 'premade sims' area in the game's version of body
shop.

"Melissa Xhu" <MX@no.spam> wrote in message
> I just finished making a sim for a new family.
>
> I'd like to save the sim so that I could use the eyes/hair/makeup/etc.
with
> a different name later.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a save button anywhere.
>
> How can I save the sim, so I could do something like go back into the
> family editor and create a twin sister?
>

> Thanks!
>

> -Mel

I really wish you could save existing sims. I have a guy that makes
the cutest children and would like to move a clone to another town, but
as far as I know, the only time you can save a sim is when you are
creating in body shop. :( Oh well.

Cascader wrote:
> I really wish you could save existing sims. I have a guy that makes
> the cutest children and would like to move a clone to another town,
> but as far as I know, the only time you can save a sim is when you are
> creating in body shop. :( Oh well.

Not at all. Put the sims inside a house and package the lot. That way you
can move the whole family to another neighborhood. Of course, they have to
retain the same name and attributes, but at least you can move them. Or
just make it a habit to create all your sims in body shop, then combine them
into families in CAS.

Jeanie

> Cascader wrote:
>> I really wish you could save existing sims. I have a guy that makes
>> the cutest children and would like to move a clone to another town,
>> but as far as I know, the only time you can save a sim is when you are
>> creating in body shop. :( Oh well.
>
> Not at all. Put the sims inside a house and package the lot. That way
> you
> can move the whole family to another neighborhood. Of course, they have
> retain the same name and attributes, but at least you can move them. Or
> just make it a habit to create all your sims in body shop, then combine
> them
> into families in CAS.
>
> Jeanie

And may heaven help you if it is a familly of long-standing and with many
members because all their memories, and bios of the people they met will tag
along behind, filling up the new neighbouthood's character banks very
nicely.

Granny.