sorry didn't specify

June 26, 2004 11:32:34 PM

i need to button map with windows media player 8 in the
registry: hklm/software/microsoft/windows media
player/button map- can someone please tell me what values
i should put in that key so that the buttons will be
mapped?
-thanks again

More about : question

Anonymous
June 27, 2004 2:47:23 PM

"glenn" <gandersonmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i need to button map with windows media player 8 in the
> registry: hklm/software/microsoft/windows media
> player/button map- can someone please tell me what values
> i should put in that key so that the buttons will be
> mapped?
> -thanks again

Why using the Registry?

On my ppc I can use Start Menu, Settings, Buttons and assign WMP to a button
there.
June 27, 2004 2:47:24 PM

i need button mapping for WMP, like when i press the left
button it goes to a previous track and when i press right
it goes to the next one. i have a cassiopeia, and it
doesn't have a start menu anyway, and it doesn't have any
settings for WMP. that's why i need to know the values
needed in the button map key in the registry

June 28, 2004 4:54:09 AM

> i need button mapping for WMP, like when i press the left
> button it goes to a previous track and when i press right
> it goes to the next one. i have a cassiopeia, and it
> doesn't have a start menu anyway, and it doesn't have any
> settings for WMP. that's why i need to know the values
> needed in the button map key in the registry

Try HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\keys

These keys show the apps I have set on my ppc to run when one of the
external buttons is pressed. I don't know if you can link these to actions
within a program though, but I'd think it's just program launch.

WMP9 has a Tools menu option, settings, then button allows choice of play,
pause, next track, last track etc. Does WMP8 not have these settings?
June 28, 2004 4:54:10 AM

>WMP9 has a Tools menu option, settings, then button
allows choice of play,
>pause, next track, last track etc. Does WMP8 not have
these settings?

Yes, that's what i am talking about. Where did you get
WMP9?? All i can get from Microsoft is 7.1 and an 8
upgrade... i HAVE to use the registry to button map.
I don't have the Tools menu. I have a cassiopeia. can you
please tell me what values are in the button map key when
the buttons are mapped? -thanks
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 6:47:39 AM

> >WMP9 has a Tools menu option, settings, then button
> allows choice of play,
> >pause, next track, last track etc. Does WMP8 not have
> these settings?
>
> Yes, that's what i am talking about. Where did you get
> WMP9?? All i can get from Microsoft is 7.1 and an 8
> upgrade... i HAVE to use the registry to button map.
> I don't have the Tools menu. I have a cassiopeia. can you
> please tell me what values are in the button map key when
> the buttons are mapped? -thanks

WMP9 is built in to ROM, I don't think it is available as an upgrade though.

As I don't have a Casiopedia I don't know your machine or its capabilities
but the functions you want aren't something you can map to the keys using
the registry settings as far as I know. These mappings are done from within
WMP9, not externally to the program.
June 28, 2004 6:47:40 AM

I restored eXpod onto my cassiopeia and it seems to be a
pocket pc os clone or something, because when i went to
wmp 7.1, i saw the tools at the bottom and i am now able
to button map. thanks for your help. i can see why it
seemed so simple to button map without the registry with
an actual pocket pc device. thanks again!
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 4:48:44 PM

:o )

!