i have a month-old HP Pavilion Laptop that you have helped me with a couple times in the past month.
now i have the following issue:
periodically i run TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance. from day one, the D drive is labeled as the HP Recovery drive shows 92.56 percent fragmentation (heavily fragmented). I Googled this problem and it appears that this is somewhat normal and i should not defrag.
my question is, when i used TuneUp 1-Click, in order to fix other problems shown, it wants to also defrag that D drive. is there a way to run TuneUp 1-Click so that it doesn't "see" the D Drive?
1. Create of set of recovery DVD's
2. Test them by doing a recovery.
3. Put them in a safe place.
4. Wipe everything, including the partitions to get the space back.
5. Reinstalled using a copy of W7 OEM that I aquired and used the key to stay legal.
Now I have a fully legal system without all the bloat and running like a dream.
again, thanks for this input. it's a brand new system and i'm too much the novice to do that. i think i have to put up with the bloat. just wanting to find a way around the tuneup program wanting to defrag that recovery (D) drive.