Sign in with
Your question

Bad mobo?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 10, 2009 7:56:29 PM

I recently purchased a new system with a ASRock A780GMH mobo and I'm currently getting no onboard video response, it's just a black screen saying check signal. I've tried both DVI and VGA outputs to no success. I'm using a 21.5" Samsung LCD and it works fine on this computer. My specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz
ASRock A780GMH
G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066
Antec EA650 650W PS

Any suggestions/tips on what I should do to get this thing up and running?

More about : bad mobo

a c 435 V Motherboard
June 11, 2009 12:16:02 AM

I would do a bare post outside of the case with just one stick of memory. Also be sure you have the right bios version for your cpu. Some boards require a bios flash to work with newer cpus.
a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2009 1:48:18 AM

Hi I

Did you do your 1st boot with as few parts as possible, PSU connections, CPU/Heatsink, 1 VGA, 1 stick of ram. Also see Tom's Motherboard FAQ.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] therboards
June 12, 2009 8:24:32 PM

Hello, i was just browsing the forum and thought to register in order to help you.

I am afraid your motherboard is DOA (dead on arrival). I had the same with Asrock 780GXH/128M, which is practically the ATX version of yours (yours is the m-ATX). Fans were spinning, but no video signal. I even tried using a standalone video card, but to no avail. I RMA'd the motherboard through the reseller, got the replacement a few days ago (after about 25 days).

Good luck!

P.S.: Sorry for my english.
!