How to batch add backgrounds

I want to take all of the backgrounds that I have on machine A and copy them to machine b, c, d, etc. on a network.
The problems is that I see NO way to do that except by adding each one individually. Am I wrong on that count?
brent
bccarey@bresnan.net
4 answers Last reply
More about batch backgrounds
  1. Make a network shared folder, put all files in it, copy folder to other PCs.
    Or set bckgd folder to be synchronized and shared down to the other machines.
    Run sync. program on the sharing machine and bam.
  2. Cyberat_88 said:
    Make a network shared folder, put all files in it, copy folder to other PCs.
    Or set bckgd folder to be synchronized and shared down to the other machines.
    Run sync. program on the sharing machine and bam.

I don't understand what you mean:
    "Make a network shared folder, put all files in it, copy folder to other PCs"
    But the files will still not show as backgrounds...the user still needs to search
    and add the files individually...

"Or set bckgd folder to be synchronized and shared down to the other machines.
    Run sync. program on the sharing machine and bam."
    That is my basic question? What folder does the backgrounds originate from?
    And even syncing will only copy the files, not make them available as backgrounds,
    correct???
  3. I assume you mean windows desktop background which is c:\windows\web\wallpaper by default.
    What I said was you have two choices:
    1) Make that folder shared on network and batch copy all to all PCs - or -
    2) Synchronize that folder with the same folder on all machines, depending which sync. software you use (I like SyncToy 2.1) you might have to sync. each machine separately.
    Once copied they WILL be available as backgrounds as that what the system knows the folder is for.
  4. if you are trying to just get the pictures to be on the other computers to use them as back grounds, there is a very simple way to get them there,
    First, log into your email and drag the pictures ther were used as backgrounjds, (they will just show as jpg , etc. images)onto the email.
    Then, email it to yourself, on either another email or your own (i think).
    After that, go ontop the new computer and open your email and drag the pictures onto your desktop, they will show as separate jpg files, on XP, it is very easy to go into the control panel and from there change the background using the search for more pictures option and use them directly from the desktop or a file as your background on computer b, c, and d.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows XP