Windows XP Home edition

Is there a way to disable, or bypass the welcome screen
and the initial user account logon screen as I am the only
user on my home computer?

I have tried several different things that did not work.

Is there a way that Windows can load without requiring a
logon screen, etc.?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home edition

    Hi

    From Start>Run type in

    control userpasswords2

    then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' - delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out and then reboot your system.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "slg2947" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043101c4293a$0f15deb0$3501280a@phx.gbl...
    | Is there a way to disable, or bypass the welcome screen
    | and the initial user account logon screen as I am the only
    | user on my home computer?
    |
    | I have tried several different things that did not work.
    |
    | Is there a way that Windows can load without requiring a
    | logon screen, etc.?

    ---

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP