sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
This is a very simple bug but many people don't think about it.
When your building a new PC and use a Phenom II processor(or any other processor) and your BIOS doesn't support it you need a OLDER CPU that fits into the slot to UPDATE THE BIOS. The reason I'm picking on new build's and phenom II is that this is where it's most likely. Since AMD hasn't had a advantage in CPU's since the Athlon 64 most people don't have a AM2/AM2+ compatible CPU and if they build a new PC with a Phenom II chances are that the mobo might need a BIOS update and they can't update with the Phenom II so they're stuck.

yeahhh.....you also can get the same paradox when you buy 1066 memory.
If it won't boot, you have to install older memory to get into the BIOS and change the settings. One would think most people would understand this, but I guess there are a lot of people out there who don't.
Brand new CPU that is compatible with an older motherboard will always = BIOS problem.

League Of Failures

Reputable
May 17, 2015
waaa....So I'm probably in this problem......I Updated my CPU and threw the old one cus it broke. I bought the AMD Phenom X4 9600 for my Foxconn (Bengal) RS780 Motherboard. Now my pc turns on for a min or so before turning off without sending any signal. My power button is flashing to. I have a dx4200-09 if any of you are wondering. Is there no way out of it?