Lcd monitor backlight bleeding.

Bingy

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Ok i got a LG W2252TQ LCD monitor and recently got a replacement as my first one has some dead pixels. Now I cant remember if my old one had any backlight bleeding at the top of the screen, while a black screen is present, but ive been testing for backlight bleeding on this replacement monitor and i can see at top the there is a thin line were theres a little bit of bleeding. Its just a line but doesnt go down or anything. Is this normal or should I get another replacement? Could the thrid be even worse?

Bingy

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Do i need to reinstall the monitor driver if i get a replcement? Cause before there was a option to roll back the driver but now there isnt.

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I think most LCD monitors have these options now, but you should be able to adjust the positioning of the picture. Try to move the picture up a little with the settings. You'll need to use the buttons on the monitor to do this.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
some monitors just bleed, thats the price you pay for getting the cheaper one. For example i got an acer 24", it bleeds like a mother at the sides, but i save about 150$ because of it. I doubt that getting a new monitor will fix the bleed, i would venture a guess that the monitor just isn't the highest quality.