Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Micro SD card not detected on computer. Recover Data?

Last response: in Storage
July 22, 2010 7:36:28 AM

Hi everybody,
I have been using a 2gb micro sd card for my r4 for almost 2 years now and all of a sudden I cannot detect it on my computer. I wanted to know if there is a way i can recover my data on the card or atleast get it to work again.

Thanks!
July 22, 2010 5:57:51 PM

did you try it on a different computer or in another card reader/writer........
Score
July 23, 2010 3:42:43 AM

Yes I tried it on my laptop with another adapter too
Score
Related resources

Best solution

Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 24, 2010 1:45:28 AM
August 3, 2010 6:49:11 AM

My Transcend SDHC 16 GB card had the following problem: after a photo shoot my camera didn't recognize the card anymore. I tried the card in several different computers and card readers with no luck. The card wasn't recognized by any of these computers.
I tried different recovery software tools, like PhotoRec (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec), but without luck: When your card is not recognized or will not mount, the recovery software doesn't know how to reach your card. It's impossible for the software to access the contents of the flash-memory chip.

I really wanted the pictures on the sd-card, so I googled for a company specialized in memory card data rescue. I found a company named Recoverfab: http://card-recovery.biz/us/service.php. This kind of service is not cheap (it costed me € 178) but I really wanted those images, and you only have to pay for recovering after you've seen the recovered images in thumbnail size on a preview page (no cure no pay). After I send the card to Germany, they recovered my photos within a week. I was really relieved they recovered all the raw images on my card. I thought I would never see those pictures again.
Score
August 4, 2010 6:28:12 PM

Best answer selected by zawoo.
Score
July 24, 2011 1:16:12 PM

Hey everyone,
I have an 8GB SD Memory Card and stored all my College Work and all my other important files in it.
The card is always in my HTC but just a few days ago when I wanted to go through my Music, my phone said 'Please Insert SD Card'. I was fuming and tried my SD Card on every phone including my Laptop.
Unfortunately, the Card was still not picking up. I really need my College Work and all the other important files.
Can someone please give me a solution as to how to get the Card working again or any reccommendations to places where i can go to get it fixed?
I know it sounds impossible but there must be a way out of this. Please get back to me.
ThanQ.
Score
October 31, 2011 6:46:18 AM

hi, i want to ask u?Why my card reader cannot detect my micro SD card and why it cannot be formatted? :) 
Score
February 11, 2012 11:40:33 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
February 11, 2012 11:40:33 AM

This topic has been reopen by Mousemonkey
Score
February 11, 2012 4:20:23 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!