Help with buying a Video card!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2009 1:36:44 PM

I have this Setup for my PC

Intel Dual Core 2.0 Ghz
RAM 2GB
Monitor LCD Max resolution 1280x720
Power Supply 450/500W

I'm looking to buy a video card best for that setup that isn't too expensive but it's good peformace to play good games like Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Deadspace on high or a bit lower than high but not medium or any of this current gen with good graphics but not like top notch, could you point the card also on Newgg.com? some people tell me the models but I see plenty type of the same model card.

In advance thank you. :) 

EDIT: I use Windows XP

More about : buying video card

February 15, 2009 1:40:15 PM

Oh I forgot to add, I use Windows XP not Vista for now
February 15, 2009 2:35:22 PM

I was about to buy it but I noticed it said I needed a 6 pin connector PCI-E, I checked my power supply and it din't have one that looked like the picture, is there a cheaper power supply that works with this video card?
Related resources
February 15, 2009 4:37:37 PM

Someone correct if I am wrong, but can't you buy an adapter so he can continue using his current PS and use a 4 pin molex to PCIe adapter?
February 15, 2009 6:38:34 PM

flippedout said:
Someone correct if I am wrong, but can't you buy an adapter so he can continue using his current PS and use a 4 pin molex to PCIe adapter?

yeah well, if his psu have enough juice he could buy a molex to pci-e adapter weird that msi 4850 doesnt come with one of those.
!