Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How can I play Quicktime Video on my Pocket PC

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
July 1, 2004 3:35:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

I have a Pocket PC with Window Media Player 9 for Pocket
PC. I have Quicktime movies made from my Digital Camera.
How can I play these Quicktime files? I there a codec
that I can download to my Pocket PC 2003? Thanks!!
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 10:29:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

There's no quicktime player for pocket PC that I'm aware of.

You will probably have to use quicktime pro to convert them to AVI
format then re-code them (possibly losing some quality in the process)

If you've only got windows media player, you'll need to convert to
windows media format profile for pocket PC, download the encoder from
the windazmedia website, then follow the wizard and choose 'pocket PC'
from the available encoder templates.

You can also re-code an AVI as MPEG and use lets say pocketTV or beta
player to play this (an additional download step)

HTH
Neil

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:35:15 -0700, "Martin"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a Pocket PC with Window Media Player 9 for Pocket
>PC. I have Quicktime movies made from my Digital Camera.
>How can I play these Quicktime files? I there a codec
>that I can download to my Pocket PC 2003? Thanks!!
July 8, 2004 4:02:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:fuabe05hv8drel8lu19khtreur6a0shf5m@4ax.com...

> You can also re-code an AVI as MPEG and use lets say pocketTV or beta
> player to play this (an additional download step)

I don't think Betaplayer will play MPEGs, but only AVIs or OGMs.

The user might want to re-encode to a smaller more compressed AVI for the
PPC, like with DIVX or XVID.
Related resources
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 12:41:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

You're right, sorry, I got betaplayer mixed up !

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:02:04 -0700, " MS"
<ms@nospam.com> wrote:

>
>"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:fuabe05hv8drel8lu19khtreur6a0shf5m@4ax.com...
>
>> You can also re-code an AVI as MPEG and use lets say pocketTV or beta
>> player to play this (an additional download step)
>
>I don't think Betaplayer will play MPEGs, but only AVIs or OGMs.
>
>The user might want to re-encode to a smaller more compressed AVI for the
>PPC, like with DIVX or XVID.
>
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 1:27:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.multimedia (More info?)

I may be wrong but i thing Digisoft Pictpocket Cinema plays quicktime
movies:

You can download a trial version at

http://www.digisoftdirect.com/Products/PictPocket.html

Regards

Steve


"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:fuabe05hv8drel8lu19khtreur6a0shf5m@4ax.com...
> There's no quicktime player for pocket PC that I'm aware of.
>
> You will probably have to use quicktime pro to convert them to AVI
> format then re-code them (possibly losing some quality in the process)
>
> If you've only got windows media player, you'll need to convert to
> windows media format profile for pocket PC, download the encoder from
> the windazmedia website, then follow the wizard and choose 'pocket PC'
> from the available encoder templates.
>
> You can also re-code an AVI as MPEG and use lets say pocketTV or beta
> player to play this (an additional download step)
>
> HTH
> Neil
>
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:35:15 -0700, "Martin"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a Pocket PC with Window Media Player 9 for Pocket
> >PC. I have Quicktime movies made from my Digital Camera.
> >How can I play these Quicktime files? I there a codec
> >that I can download to my Pocket PC 2003? Thanks!!
>
!