Sign in with
Your question

Ram installed but when i check bios the timing is off..?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 16, 2010 4:18:24 AM

I bought this ram from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i checked bios and its on automatic and the timing is 9-9-9 and 24

and the voltage was at 1.5 even though its says 1.65 on newegg. why isnt it 7-8-7 ?

my specs are gigabyte p55a ud3

i5 750

xfx 5770

Not sure why the ram isnt going at what it supposed to be and im not sure how to change it to factory settings or if i can. please help. tahhnks
July 16, 2010 6:31:37 AM

hi mate

you should set your BIOS setting manually.
or you can try set X.M.P profile.
it can help you get its performance.

m
l
Related resources
a b } Memory
a c 197 K Overclocking
July 16, 2010 3:37:40 PM

Your memory settings are on Auto. So, when you boot, the BIOS reads the contents of the little SPD chip that is on the memory sticks. The 9-9-9-24 is stored in the SPD chip. That's your first problem.

Your second problem is that the default RAM voltage is 1.5 volts. If you need to set the RAM voltage to 1.65 volts, you need to set it.

So, what I would do is go into the BIOS and set the RAM voltage to 1.65 volts. Leave the rest of the timing values alone for now. Get a stable system running. Then go back and revisit the timing values.

I estimate that going from 9's-24 to 7's will increase your memory i/o maybe 4% - 5%. Unfortunately, that will have an insignificant effect on overall system speed.
m
l
July 16, 2010 3:44:25 PM

jsc said:
Your memory settings are on Auto. So, when you boot, the BIOS reads the contents of the little SPD chip that is on the memory sticks. The 9-9-9-24 is stored in the SPD chip. That's your first problem.

Your second problem is that the default RAM voltage is 1.5 volts. If you need to set the RAM voltage to 1.65 volts, you need to set it.

So, what I would do is go into the BIOS and set the RAM voltage to 1.65 volts. Leave the rest of the timing values alone for now. Get a stable system running. Then go back and revisit the timing values.

I estimate that going from 9's-24 to 7's will increase your memory i/o maybe 4% - 5%. Unfortunately, that will have an insignificant effect on overall system speed.

I changed the volts to 1.6 thats waht it actually says on manufactures website and i also changed the timing as well at the same time. How can i test the ram stability. i heard memtest86 but iwent and it said it only supports less than 4gb? do you have a link to a program i can use to test the ram stability? thanks
m
l
!