This is my setup:

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

I want to try and OC and have been doing a lot of reading. I have the AMD Overdrive utility but I have been OC'ing from the BIOS. For now I just set the Processor Frequencu Multiplier from 17x to 19x to bring me to 3.8ghz. I haven't touched the voltage, I read to up the CPU core voltage. Is that the same as the CPU Over Voltage in my bios? I was going to up that from 1.4 to 1.45.

The problem is I can not see any of my CPU temperatures in AMD overdrive. All 4 cores say -256C and the CPU says 0c. Did I forget to plug something in to my Mobo?

I am going to revert my changes for now.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about help
  1. Any ideas? I just looked and it does tell me the CPU temp in the bios. I am running right at 37C idle. Is that Ok? If I can only see it in the bios not sure how I will be able to OC and see the temps as I run tests.
  2. After trying a number of monitoring programs I found PC Wizar 2010. There is processor temp column that is showing 30C.

Does this look right?
  3. Core Temp is another good program for monitoring, and it can display it's icon in the tray as your current temperature, which makes it easy to monitor.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

EDIT: 30 degrees at the default clock? Probably pretty accurate for something on that HSF. I've got a 955 OC'd to 3.8 GHz running 38 degrees idle, though my cooler does suck for the most part.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Overclocking