Sign in with
Your question

Graphics issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2009 8:46:25 PM

Just bought an acer package deal with a P6NGM-L Motherbaord with nvidia geforce 7050 graphics onboard. I want to install my geforce 8400 gs pci card but when i do it only pics up one monitor and i notice it still has the display adapter as the 7050. im guessing i need to disable the onboard graphics card but not sure how? No options in the cmos.

More about : graphics issue

February 15, 2009 9:25:34 PM

i changed the one setting that said something about vga and i changed it to absent but it changed nothing. I checked my bios version and its R01-B4
I have both monitors plugged into the card and one of them works. But its loading the onboard driver and wont let me load the 8400 driver. It says that there is no hardware present to load the driver.
February 15, 2009 9:50:29 PM

Quote:
Its there in the bios.
Disable onboard vga or/and set primary display adaptor to pci-e

i changed the one setting that said something about vga and i changed it to absent but it changed nothing. I checked my bios version and its R01-B4
I have both monitors plugged into the card and one of them works. But its loading the onboard driver and wont let me load the 8400 driver. It says that there is no hardware present to load the driver.
Related resources
February 15, 2009 9:51:44 PM

There has to be an option in the BIOS somewhere to disable and/or choose to use a PCI(E) card as 'default' or first choice.
But generally, you need to UNINSTALL the driver for the old one, and then SHUTDOWN.
Put in the new card, hook the monitor to the new card, and then REBOOT, going into the BIOS to make the setting change to PCI or PCI-E
February 15, 2009 10:15:27 PM

ok i just triple checked and under cmos features there is the video setting. under that is the options: absent, vga/ega, color 40x25, color 80x25.
under the onboard device setup there is no video options only audio?
!