Expansion card on M2N-SLI DELUXE

pyro20

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Hi

Iwant to connect 2 geforce 7600 gt to the motherboard M2N-SLI DELUXE. After connection cards Ive started computer. When I`m loged in on the system, windows is instaling automatically drivers to new graphic card, few seconds later monitor is switching off and there is now way to turn it on, even when changing plugs on graphic cards. When restart it happens again.

Ive restarted computer and switch to safe mode. There drivers where installed automatically by windows XP. After rebot, computer is crushing when starting windows.

What is the solluiotn?

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Hi P

Your resolution or refresh rate may be too high, it could also be a bad driver install. Try uninstalling the nVidia driver's in safe mode then boot back into normal Windows. Hopefully this will return the default resolution to 800x600 and lower the refresh rate. Install the latest driver's from the nvidia site with a low refresh rate and 1024x768 resolution.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311403

pyro20

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
i was trying you soslution and when starting new drivers setup ive got black screen with with blincing white line in left up corner

and after 2 minutes w8ing restarted computer-nothing changes

pyro20

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
thanks for that link,

Ive got one problem, that solution is to (in nVidia's control panel) select "Reduced Blanking (CVT)" to fix the timings and than monitor turning off should stop but ...
...to log in to system i need to uninstal my graphic drivers in safe mode beacuse without it compturer crushes when starting windows. After uninstal, in normal mode i`m istalling drivers and than monitor goes black with wihte line blinking in left up corner. SO i canno enter nvidias control panel having 2 cards connecter..

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Did you read the 2nd post by "LateAdopter"? Uninstall nVidia drivers and remove one of the video cards. Install nVidia drivers with one video card not two installed, read again what he did. Question, can your PSU handle the addition of a 2nd video card?

pyro20

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
uhm, You know... I`ve checked second card on the main slot and monitor is not starting at starting PSU. Perhpas card is somehow broken. Card is worming up when computer is on so I think it should be fine but monitor doesnt start ...

TRENDING THREADS