Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard

warpig23

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I wanted to know if it was a good idea to update my bios (I have a P5W DH Deluxe Asus).I have had it for a few years.I Have never updated the bios before or have I ever overclocked it before.I do know some stuff about computers I have been building my own computers for along time now.But I dont know much about bios update or overclocking.Should I use the asus update program that came with the mb if am going to update.And what version due I update it too.I just thought maybe somone could help me out.Thank alot.

The ASUS P5W 975 is long out of warranty so update the BIOS at your own risk. ASUS will not replace it should a problem arise. The board has a product page on the ASUS support 7site. Go there and look at the BIOS versions available to see if any of the 'fixes' or new CPU's supported by the BIOS version apply to your needs. If not, there is not need to update the BIOS.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Edit for clarificaation.

warpig23

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010

Thanks alot .Is this mb a good board or is it juke.I bought like 4-5-6 years ago cant remeber really.But i paid like 250.00 really dont like it that much.Should I overclock it or just shine.Thanks bro

I still use two similar Intel 965's. One with a C2Q 6600 the other a C2D e6600. Your board was released atround 2006. My quad is at 3GHz. That system was aprimary gaming system for many years. You would have to move to the Intel core series for a faster machine. Or the AMD 45nm chips out out there currently and shine.

djbrad007

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
Hi,

my main pc is still the good p5w dh / q6700 / 5870.

If you have no bug/problems, don't update the bios (if it ain't broken don't fix it).

Mine is rock stable (I keep everything stock).

But I know this mobo is a good overclocker, so go for it.

Just DON'T use 45nm cpu on it, asus don't support them well on this board.

Brad

Thanks for the info,Like i said I know some *** about computers build my own comps and never need any help but never over clock.Should I use the assus update utulity where u can update in windows environment or use one of the other ones .I forget the name.I never really read the manual before the other day and it has a couple different utilitys u can use.And exactly how do i go about it,just dont want to mess up and reformat my comp.Sorry but kind of need to be hand fead the info.If its to much drama no worrys.PS: dont know if u are interested but I have a bunch of progams (OS)and other stuff I can send you coppy for nothing.Windows me,xp pro,xp server,95,98 exc.All the Os have been license broke,Meaning you can install as many times on as many comps as you want.If want a copy let me no its not a problem.I will send you whatever one or a copy of all. Plus alot of other stuff Photo shop 7.0,exe.Either way thanks alot bro.I hate asking people for anything feel stupid.Thanks again..

You do not need to update the BIOS to overclock. Try overclocking the system with the BIOS that is on the system and see how it goes. You have read the manual now four years later, your all set for a try. Has the FBI contacted you about the illegal software your handing out? I know your IP is now common knowledge on public forums. Look for that far out allways-fun skip tracer ozzie.

warpig23

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Thanks for heads up I have never handed out any software to anyone.U are the only one I offered.I recived the software legally from a comp school.I dident know it was a big deal.Anyways thaks alot..

TRENDING THREADS