A part came off my 8800 gts.

Mundus33

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
I have been having problems with BSODs as of late mostly 0x0a and 0x0d1 Blue screens. anyway I have tried everything I could think of software wise other than a full reinstall.

So I took out all my parts other than the cpu to make sure the connections are okay. anyway when I stood up I knocked the gpu off the table but caught it that's when I noticed one of the parts was still attached but part of it was disconnected. I pushed it back in and my computer still works even to play games the main problem is that I don't know if the fall knocked it loose because of the way I caught it or if it was loose before.

So I have several questions

1. Can a gpu cause a 0x0a or 0x0d1 Bsod the reason I ask this is so that if it can't be I can assume that there is some other problem for these Bsods.

2. Do you think that newegg will allow an exchange since it has been about a year or so since I bought it. I believe 6 months is their limit. Or should I just buy a new one or keep this one since it does work and hope my computer doesn't explode on me.

Any other advice would be appreciated since I am kind of at a loss since I really don't want to have to spend money because it is a little tight at the moment.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
I think u better take the gpu for check up if u want to keep it, if the pc shop say it's ok
then keep it, if not u better buy a new one just buy a cheap one until u can replace it with same or even better gpu