Sign in with
Your question

Msi Eclipse IOH Temperature Too Hot

Last response: in Motherboards
June 13, 2009 7:44:54 PM

please help me..i bought a new msi eclipse but the ioh north bridge temperature is too hot @ 85c..

my rig

intel core i7920@stock speed,coolermaster v8 processor cooler
6gb kingston hyper x 1600 mhz cs8
sapphire ati radeon 4870
enermax infiniti 650w
cooler master cosmos s casing

June 22, 2009 12:34:04 AM

What makes you think it is too hot? If it is not crashing then there are no problems.
June 24, 2009 6:08:20 PM

What makes you think it is too hot? If it is not crashing then there are no problems.
chef7734

i just checked the msi web..it says chipset temperature could be 60-65 c but mine 85-90 c...first,when i bought this mb,the temp is okay but a month after that i bought this mb its was crashed..can not bootup..so i return this mb to supplier for repair..then when repair,i checked the temp is 85-90 c..***..sorry,my english is suck..thank u for reply..can u help me?what to do to reduce the temp..or the tempe is okay for this motherboard tq

for refferance

intel core i7920@stock speed,coolermaster v8 processor cooler
6gb kingston hyper x 1600 mhz cs8
sapphire ati radeon 4870
enermax infiniti 650w
cooler master cosmos s casing

Related resources
June 25, 2009 8:46:25 AM

What are you using to check temps?
November 16, 2009 8:13:04 AM

i had same problem with msi pro-e
when i asked pc technician they said its normal and msi boards get hot
well not good enough for me i decided to make a test.
basiclly i got cheap case and the graphic card set on 1st pci i lowered it to the 3rd pci which made more space for the northen bridge get air. moreover i took old cpu fan and wired on the Heat sink of the northen bridge temp decreased from 86c to 46c.
now i am looking for a bit quiter fan that can sit on the hub normally
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 18, 2010 11:10:54 AM

Hi, i have an MSi eclipse SLI and i had a problem with the nothbridge temperature. It was running at 75'C. which is too hot contry to waht someone else on this post said.

My solution. I removed the heatsink, scraped off all the ***, put some acrilic silver paste on it, now it runs at 55'C. I also directled the airflow from a 120mm fan onto the northbride heatsink and that cools it to 45'C. Hope this helps.
!