Msi Eclipse IOH Temperature Too Hot

please help me..i bought a new msi eclipse but the ioh north bridge temperature is too hot @ 85c..

my rig

intel core i7920@stock speed,coolermaster v8 processor cooler
6gb kingston hyper x 1600 mhz cs8
sapphire ati radeon 4870
enermax infiniti 650w
cooler master cosmos s casing
6 answers Last reply
More about eclipse temperature
  1. What makes you think it is too hot? If it is not crashing then there are no problems.
  2. What makes you think it is too hot? If it is not crashing then there are no problems.
    chef7734

i just checked the msi web..it says chipset temperature could be 60-65 c but mine 85-90 c...first,when i bought this mb,the temp is okay but a month after that i bought this mb its was crashed..can not bootup..so i return this mb to supplier for repair..then when repair,i checked the temp is 85-90 c..***..sorry,my english is suck..thank u for reply..can u help me?what to do to reduce the temp..or the tempe is okay for this motherboard tq

for refferance

intel core i7920@stock speed,coolermaster v8 processor cooler
    6gb kingston hyper x 1600 mhz cs8
    sapphire ati radeon 4870
    enermax infiniti 650w
    cooler master cosmos s casing
  3. What are you using to check temps?
  4. Hi.
    The problem could be the northbridge, here is a solution for ioh temperature

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=126885.0
  5. i had same problem with msi pro-e
    when i asked pc technician they said its normal and msi boards get hot
    well not good enough for me i decided to make a test.
    basiclly i got cheap case and the graphic card set on 1st pci i lowered it to the 3rd pci which made more space for the northen bridge get air. moreover i took old cpu fan and wired on the Heat sink of the northen bridge temp decreased from 86c to 46c.
    now i am looking for a bit quiter fan that can sit on the hub normally
  6. Hi, i have an MSi eclipse SLI and i had a problem with the nothbridge temperature. It was running at 75'C. which is too hot contry to waht someone else on this post said.

My solution. I removed the heatsink, scraped off all the ***, put some acrilic silver paste on it, now it runs at 55'C. I also directled the airflow from a 120mm fan onto the northbride heatsink and that cools it to 45'C. Hope this helps.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Cooler Master Temperature Motherboards