Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Dual Gigabit Lan Setup

storman

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of setting up our new server which is running SBS2003. The server is using the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 MB with dual gigabit lan.

Reading the manual that came with the board, it pointed me towards a utility ( i think it was called the Realek Teaming Utility) that could be accessed and installed through the DVD with the drivers on it. I couldnt locate it but eventually found a utilty called the Realtek Diagnostic utility. I havent been able to find any instructions on how to configure the dual Lan. I want to have one IP address for the server and one for the Router (currently 10.1.1.7 for the server and 10.1.1.1 for the router). As long as they stay the same im 95% positive I can replicate the existing network on the new server.

We are using a D-Link ADSL2+ router (DLS 504-T) and D-Link Swith (DGS-1016D.)

The SBS2003 installation will not let me progress until I can get this sorted out. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Note that i'm an accountant trying to be an IT guru at the same time- not recommended!!!

Thanks,
Michael.

Can you see both Ethernet controllers? If so, then hold down Ctrl and click each one to select them. Then right-click and team them. Once teamed, you assign an IP address to the team just like you would if you had a single Ethernet controller.