CPU 32->113 in a secound?

happydrinker

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
twice this has happened both times while idle with speedfan running. I'm not using the computer letting it sit idle and using my laptop but i have speedfan on cause my room feels really hot (comparing the temps to a cooler room) thrus the systems reads 32 instead of 28 and the cpu reads 32 instead of 26. then I hear my cpu fan kick in overdrive and speedfan shows 113 while the cores are 42 (i think this ones buged it never goes under 42 only over) and 35. first time this happened i restarted right away. this time i thought it could be a sensor error and left it for a min but i noticed the system temp went from 32 to 35 in the min but core temps normal so i restarted anyways. what could be the problem? i'd hate to think what would happen if i wasn't here if it was really that hot. the happenings are 3 weeks apart also. what should i look for the next time this happens?

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
35 celcius is actually really good. I doubt those are your temps though because it's hard to get a desktop processor that low.

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I reckon it's just a sensor error - should be ignored unless it's really bugging you, and then you can probably get it fixed under warranty. No computer would have it's temperature fluctuate that high and rapid.

happydrinker

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
whats the worst that can happen? I haven't overclocked before but will In a few weeks during the summer. If the temp gets too high the computer will just shut its self down correct? it won't melt or start a fire or wreak anything?

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

The word is "wreck". The temps have to get reeeeally high for the proc to shut itself down - I don't think you should be happy with it doing that.