Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Ati HIS Radeon 3650 driver issues- windows XP

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 16, 2009 6:24:45 AM

Hi,
Recently acquired a HIS Radeon HD3650 graphics card. When I install the ATI drivers which came on a CD with the card on windows XP service pack 3 (clean install) and reboot, it freezes on startup at the Windows XP splash screen and I have to reset and start in safe mode to uninstall the driver. It will then start fine. If I try to install any other ATI drivers I get an error message:
"Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system.
Setup will now exit."

Any idea what the problem is? thanks in advance
February 16, 2009 8:48:40 AM

hey i also get same problem with u with my his radeon HD3650 after 2 times rma i try not using my dvi cable and change it with ordinary vga cable and use his vga dvi converter after that all the problem gone, maybe the cable or driver? i using the newest one from ati .

hope this help.
February 16, 2009 9:29:44 PM

I tried the newest ATI drivers and got the same error, I am using a DVI -> VGA cable adapter.
i'll try that driver cleaner you mentioned..
Related resources
February 17, 2009 7:11:07 AM

bump for help please.. any other suggestions?
February 21, 2009 6:23:31 AM

I've the same problem: 9.x SW series from Ati web cannot be installed on my system (also 3650 on XP SP3).
February 21, 2009 6:23:39 AM

Sorry, repeated post.
February 21, 2009 12:40:16 PM

Well, it seems that I've finally solved the problem in my system :whistle:  . My card is a Sapphire HD3650 512DDR2 AGP... well, I've gone to Sapphire web and downloaded the driver for my card, that casually is named "Catalyst 9.1 HOTFIX for HD2K/HD3k AGP cards and WinXP 32-bit (if problems occur by using AGP cards)" and dated 12-feb-2009. It contains both device driver and Catalyst SW, and is not Sapphire branded so I think that could work on 3650 APG cards from any brand.

After installing, the SW versions shown in Catalyst are these ones:

And the HW info that Catalyst shows is:

I'm wondering why this hotfix cannot be found on Ati official web... :-?

Hope this helps. Bye.
March 4, 2009 9:12:09 PM

Margano said:
I've gone to Sapphire web and downloaded the driver for my card, that casually is named "Catalyst 9.1 HOTFIX for HD2K/HD3k AGP cards and WinXP 32-bit (if problems occur by using AGP cards)" and dated 12-feb-2009. It contains both device driver and Catalyst SW, and is not Sapphire branded so I think that could work on 3650 APG cards from any brand. I'm wondering why this hotfix cannot be found on Ati official web... :-?

I tried this driver (well actually now it's 9.2) from the Sapphire web site and it works fine with my HIS 3650 AGP card, so your right. It's not a special Sapphire driver but rather a special Catalyst AGP driver. And I'm just as baffled as you - why can't we find this driver at ati.amd.com???

/Necroline, Denmark
December 24, 2009 12:37:52 AM

I struggled to get my card to be recognized by Vista and windows 7 for about Eight MONTHS. I scanned the internet about once a month looking for an answer. I downloaded the driver and install software from ATI about twenty times and tried everything I could think of or find on the internet to get my computer to recognize the card. Finally just stumbling around I found the answer.
Go to Device Manager.
Click on Display adapters
Click on The display adapter
Right click on what video card is shown (mine read "Standard Video card"), select update driver software
Select "browse my computer for driver software"
Select "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Double click 3650.

With Vista this problem gave me a " Code 10 ".

Not sure of this is going to help, or if this is the same problem. Couldn't hurt.....
Good luck!
May 16, 2010 4:21:54 AM

Hello

I want to put a new graphic card (his ati radeon hd 3650) in my machine (Pentium 4 1.8 ghz RAM 1.5 ghz) but when I put it in my CPU the screen was black the machine was working but the screen was black
Can you help me please?
July 23, 2010 8:59:30 PM

I have the same problem. The OS boots fine, but the screen goes blank and gets no signal at some point during splash. I have tried doing a fresh install of win XP and it worked for a while, but I think maybe when I installed SP3 the issue returned.

The screen is connected via DVI so I'm thinking I should try with an old fashioned RGB-cable. I have already tried the hotfix several times, along with different driver versions.

If anyone else has this problem, and if you find a solution; please post!

-Stigster!
August 3, 2010 8:39:36 AM

I've tried to install a HD3650 AGP 512 Mb DDR2 card into my sons machine and got the same problem as above, as soon as i have installed the drivers from ATI the screen goes black after initial windows XP screen is shown. The computer still works and it is possible to close it down gently by pressing the software power off button on the front of the machine. (you can hear the "log in" and "log of sounds" played correctly)

i have Win XP sp3.

First i though it was the PSU so i replaced it with a 400 with a 18A rating on the 12v outlet. But that did not help.

I have tried different versions of the drivers and tried every trick for uninstalling them compleately before reinstalling.

I discovered that you must change the install path from the default "ATI technologies" to "ATI" for the installation to work.

any suggestions anyone ?, i am about to return this card to the store.

/ ghosthugger

a c 271 U Graphics card
August 3, 2010 8:57:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!