Sign in with
Your question

Crucial RealSSD C300 128gb for gaming?

Last response: in Storage
July 24, 2010 7:05:49 AM

I know this ssd has quite low write speeds but would I be correct in saying that for os and games will mainly read. I will be using the sata 6 connector to my motherboard. Thanks.
July 24, 2010 1:13:56 PM

Would another option be better for gaming around the £300 mark?
a b G Storage
August 4, 2010 9:59:35 AM

Gaming doesn't benefit much from SSD except for faster loading time.
About the C300...I can not give any comment to new SSDs at this moment.

Related resources
August 4, 2010 3:38:41 PM

I have the Crucial C300 128GB and it's incredible - I highly recommend it. At first, I was thinking of getting the intel one since it had an amazing reputation for its reliability and performance, but I decided to dig deeper, because you want to make sure that what you're getting for such a high cost turns out to live up to your expectations. I game a lot and ended up getting a 128GB C300 for £240.

The good thing about the C300 is that it utilizes a SATA III connection for higher read speeds, which is far more important than write speeds. As SATA III devices still aren't very common, it's nice to have something extra.
In gaming, loading up maps and zones is where high read speeds shine, such as if you'd happen to play a MMO. Although it doesn't come anywhere close to maxing out the maximum bandwidth speeds on SATA III, it's still above SATA II and well, I guess that's where the selling point comes in.

Here are some benchmarks of mine:

Read/write*

Hope this helps :) 

August 5, 2010 4:56:50 PM

Crucial RealSSD C300 doesn't support Trim isn't it? if so, its performance will decrease badly with time.
a b G Storage
August 5, 2010 5:08:32 PM

Do you already have a high end video card?
!