Typing Virus on XP in MS Office and Quickbooks +

BizmanUSA

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Hello,

Possible Virus on XP operating system???

I am having a big time issue when typing anything longer than a few words or sentences. The issue is the cursor jumps lines (both up & down) and either misses the last (just did it while I was typing this message) letter and then jumps to another line. It first starts with MS Word 2007 and then progressed to MS Outlook. Now it is affecting other programs such as QuickBooks and other non related MS office programs.

Has anyone experienced this or have a fix? I am using the XP op sys and the issue has happened on both a Gateway laptop and a HP desktop. It seems to have started about 2 months after I installed MS Office 2007 (about 10 months ago) and got gradually worse to the point now (just did it again) it is a real pain in the butt.

The laptop was just in for warranty service and "they said" they replaced the keyboard and mouse to resolve the problem. (Didn't work)

Please Help ASAP or sooner!

Solution
if it's starting to occur again, it's either a problem with the driver where auto adjustment of some sort is malfunctioning or as I pointed out before you might have some type of malicious software causing this.
have you tried running anti-virus/ malware software? have you tried using a different keyboard?

If it's happening on both laptop and desktop how are you linking the 2 toghether? (assuming this is a virus infection)

If the two machines aren't linked toghether then you most likely have some software that was commonly installed on both or some website that was commonly accessed on both.

Anyway, try
Free anti-virus: avast, AVG
Free anti-spyware/anti-malware: malwarebytes, spybot search & destroy

BizmanUSA

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011

In desperation I got hold of Microsoft and although the broken english language barrior (which was extreme) had me allow the tech remote access to the laptop (felt real uneasy about that). He bounced around a bit but reset sensitivity levels on the touch pad and remote mouse that I use.

It fixed the issue for about 2-3 days but it is starting to reoccur again and happened once while I was typing this response!

Now that MS has a record I can go back to them and ask to have them provide me a written explaination step by step of what they did so Ii can do it myself.

BTW, thanks for the reply and suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS