Better motherboard for O.Cing the AMD PII 965?

EliteHD

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
ok so i was wondering lately what would be a better motherboard to overclock with

my decision came to these two boards

Asus Crosshair IV formula - ( $395 aus )

Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 MB -( $265 aus )

the reason i was looking at the crosshair was that it had an O.C button on the board and i would know it would run stable, btw has anyone used this feature and know what the cpu would go up to?

The reason i was looking at the gigbyte mobo was that it was cheaper but im not to knowledgable about O.Cing unless someone on the forums could help me O.c it to around 3.8-4 ghz stable

so yeh if anyone can help me asap because im ordering my parts soon

btw i will be using the thermaltake 850i prowater to cool the cpu =]

Solution
I'd save the $130 AUD and buy the GA-890FXA-UD5 instead, in terms of how well they overclock, both should reach around the same level. The ASUS board does come with a few more features for overclocking, with some software, but you might as well learn to overclock.
I'd save the $130 AUD and buy the GA-890FXA-UD5 instead, in terms of how well they overclock, both should reach around the same level. The ASUS board does come with a few more features for overclocking, with some software, but you might as well learn to overclock.

Solution

EliteHD

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

ahhk thanks dude u jsut saved me alot of money btw you recon u can help me with ocing it to a stable 3.8 - 4 ghz if possible?