RAID Multiple Interface Speed

G

I'm installing a ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB motherboard and want to set up two RAID arrays. I have two SATA HDs at 6Gb/s (I’ll set up as Volume 1) and another two SATA HDs at 3Gb/s (I’ll set up as Volume 2). Here is my question: Will Volume 1 operate at 6G/s interface and Volume 2 operate a 3Gb/s interface (this is what I desire) or will both Volumes be brought down to 3 Gb/s since both arrays will be using the same controller on the motherboard? If the latter, is the only way to achieve Volume 1 having a 6Gb/s interface and Volume 2 having a 3Gb/s interface is to use two separate RAID controllers, e.g. one controller for the 6Gb/s interface and another controller for the 3Gb/s interface? If another controller is necessary, which PCI-E RAID controller would you recommend?

They have to be different controllers. Intel doesn't have a 6gb standard to even be on their intel chipset. There has to be a third party controller on there like a Marvel or something.

You should be able to setup a RAID on each controller depending on what that controller supports.