TS 2: How on earth?????????????

Last response: in Video Games
February 19, 2005 1:36:17 PM

Hi All,

A couple of days ago I was looking for nice stuff on a site (can't
remember which one) and it dawned on me later on that I had seen
something strange.
I had seen a nursery, nothing strange here, but there was a highchair,
standing in a corner, again, nothing strange so far.
But, lets say if standing in a corner it can face four directions,
north, east, south and west, right.
This chair was facing south-west, pointing toward the middle of the
room..
How on earth did he or she manage that?????????/
It has to be a cheat, but what kind, I would surely like to know.
Because if they can do that with a high char, then surely that can be
done with about any object.
Wow, to put a tv in a corner like that, would be neat :-)))))
Hope somebody here can help me out.
Thanks :-))

Elly.

More about : earth

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 3:57:06 PM

I don't know why it happens, but occasionally when I move a
toybox or end table around, it wants to go in a corner-type
direction. I even tried placing a toybox there once, thinking
it was very cool, but the sims couldn't interact with the object.
I didn't have move_objects on turned on, or any other cheats that
I'm aware of, so the reason it did that is still a mystery to me.

Laura

Elly wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A couple of days ago I was looking for nice stuff on a site (can't
> remember which one) and it dawned on me later on that I had seen
> something strange.
> I had seen a nursery, nothing strange here, but there was a highchair,
> standing in a corner, again, nothing strange so far.
> But, lets say if standing in a corner it can face four directions,
> north, east, south and west, right.
> This chair was facing south-west, pointing toward the middle of the
> room..
> How on earth did he or she manage that?????????/
> It has to be a cheat, but what kind, I would surely like to know.
> Because if they can do that with a high char, then surely that can be
> done with about any object.
> Wow, to put a tv in a corner like that, would be neat :-)))))
> Hope somebody here can help me out.
> Thanks :-))
>
> Elly.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 8:44:07 PM

Elly wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A couple of days ago I was looking for nice stuff on a site (can't
> remember which one) and it dawned on me later on that I had seen
> something strange.
> I had seen a nursery, nothing strange here, but there was a highchair,
> standing in a corner, again, nothing strange so far.
> But, lets say if standing in a corner it can face four directions,
> north, east, south and west, right.
> This chair was facing south-west, pointing toward the middle of the
> room..
> How on earth did he or she manage that?????????/
> It has to be a cheat, but what kind, I would surely like to know.
> Because if they can do that with a high char, then surely that can be
> done with about any object.
> Wow, to put a tv in a corner like that, would be neat :-)))))
> Hope somebody here can help me out.
> Thanks :-))
>
> Elly.

If you build your house on the diagonal, you can set everything in corners
and the sims will interact with it. The only trouble is that roofs won't
look right unless you use flat roofs on everything. It's nice to do that
once in a while, though, especially with a building wing.

Jeanie
February 20, 2005 12:46:19 AM

There's also a cheat that's something like boolprop snaptogrid false (I know
it's not exactly like that, but something similar) that allows you to place
objects without them snapping to the grid. This way you can place trees in
the middle of a square, set couches on diagonal, etc. I don't think Sims can
interact with diagonal couches, but it looks nice if you're displaying a
house.

Chris

"Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> A couple of days ago I was looking for nice stuff on a site (can't
> remember which one) and it dawned on me later on that I had seen
> something strange.
> I had seen a nursery, nothing strange here, but there was a highchair,
> standing in a corner, again, nothing strange so far.
> But, lets say if standing in a corner it can face four directions,
> north, east, south and west, right.
> This chair was facing south-west, pointing toward the middle of the
> room..
> How on earth did he or she manage that?????????/
> It has to be a cheat, but what kind, I would surely like to know.
> Because if they can do that with a high char, then surely that can be
> done with about any object.
> Wow, to put a tv in a corner like that, would be neat :-)))))
> Hope somebody here can help me out.
> Thanks :-))
>
> Elly.
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 2:04:03 AM

boolprop snapobjectstogrid false

MM

"Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> There's also a cheat that's something like boolprop snaptogrid false (I
know
> it's not exactly like that, but something similar) that allows you to
place
> objects without them snapping to the grid. This way you can place trees in
> the middle of a square, set couches on diagonal, etc. I don't think Sims
can
> interact with diagonal couches, but it looks nice if you're displaying a
> house.
>
> Chris
>
> "Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > A couple of days ago I was looking for nice stuff on a site (can't
> > remember which one) and it dawned on me later on that I had seen
> > something strange.
> > I had seen a nursery, nothing strange here, but there was a highchair,
> > standing in a corner, again, nothing strange so far.
> > But, lets say if standing in a corner it can face four directions,
> > north, east, south and west, right.
> > This chair was facing south-west, pointing toward the middle of the
> > room..
> > How on earth did he or she manage that?????????/
> > It has to be a cheat, but what kind, I would surely like to know.
> > Because if they can do that with a high char, then surely that can be
> > done with about any object.
> > Wow, to put a tv in a corner like that, would be neat :-)))))
> > Hope somebody here can help me out.
> > Thanks :-))
> >
> > Elly.

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 2:04:04 AM

I got this wonderful usercheat thing which uses shortcuts for all the
cheats. It's so much easier to remember to put in 'snapoff' instead of
boolprop snapobjectstogrid false.
I think I got it at modthesims2

news:D BPRd.167528$K7.148571@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
>
> MM
>

> "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > There's also a cheat that's something like boolprop snaptogrid false (I
> know
> > it's not exactly like that, but something similar) that allows you to
> place
> > objects without them snapping to the grid. This way you can place trees
in
> > the middle of a square, set couches on diagonal, etc. I don't think Sims
> can
> > interact with diagonal couches, but it looks nice if you're displaying a
> > house.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > A couple of days ago I was looking for nice stuff on a site (can't
> > > remember which one) and it dawned on me later on that I had seen
> > > something strange.
> > > I had seen a nursery, nothing strange here, but there was a highchair,
> > > standing in a corner, again, nothing strange so far.
> > > But, lets say if standing in a corner it can face four directions,
> > > north, east, south and west, right.
> > > This chair was facing south-west, pointing toward the middle of the
> > > room..
> > > How on earth did he or she manage that?????????/
> > > It has to be a cheat, but what kind, I would surely like to know.
> > > Because if they can do that with a high char, then surely that can be
> > > done with about any object.
> > > Wow, to put a tv in a corner like that, would be neat :-)))))
> > > Hope somebody here can help me out.
> > > Thanks :-))
> > >
> > > Elly.

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 10:49:13 AM

Well, I suppose if you use the user cheats text file thingy for nude Sims,
it'd be easy enough to add some alias's - I never thought of it before.

You could even set it up so that you typed 'wiggle' or 'corners' or
'elephant' if that was the word you thought you'd remember. . . .

*thinking*

MM

> I got this wonderful usercheat thing which uses shortcuts for all the
> cheats. It's so much easier to remember to put in 'snapoff' instead of
> boolprop snapobjectstogrid false.
> I think I got it at modthesims2
>
> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> news:D BPRd.167528$K7.148571@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > There's also a cheat that's something like boolprop snaptogrid false
(I
> > know
> > > it's not exactly like that, but something similar) that allows you to
> > place
> > > objects without them snapping to the grid. This way you can place
trees
> in
> > > the middle of a square, set couches on diagonal, etc. I don't think
Sims
> > can
> > > interact with diagonal couches, but it looks nice if you're displaying
> > > house.
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >
> > > "Elly" <ellyhensens@hotmail.com> wrote in message

February 20, 2005 11:52:20 AM

Mike Inside http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html has set up
a file for the snaptogrid, moveobjects and constrainfloorelevation. He also
tells you how to add more.

MM, I haven't been able to put furniture on the diagonal even w/ the
snaptogrid cheat. How are you doing it??

thanks,
--
deb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Well, I suppose if you use the user cheats text file thingy for nude Sims,
> it'd be easy enough to add some alias's - I never thought of it before.
>
> You could even set it up so that you typed 'wiggle' or 'corners' or
> 'elephant' if that was the word you thought you'd remember. . . .
>
> *thinking*
>
> MM

>> I got this wonderful usercheat thing which uses shortcuts for all the
>> cheats. It's so much easier to remember to put in 'snapoff' instead of
>> boolprop snapobjectstogrid false.
>> I think I got it at modthesims2
>>
>> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> news:D BPRd.167528$K7.148571@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> > boolprop snapobjectstogrid false
>> >
>> > MM
>> >

>> > "Chris O'Malley" <omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> (I
>> > know
>> > place
> trees
>> in
> Sims
>> > can

> highchair,
> be

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 3:09:08 AM

"deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> Mike Inside http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html has set
> up a file for the snaptogrid, moveobjects and constrainfloorelevation. He
> also tells you how to add more.
>
> MM, I haven't been able to put furniture on the diagonal even w/ the
> snaptogrid cheat. How are you doing it??
>
> thanks,
> --
> deb

The whole thing happened to me this afternoon. For some reason, while
building everything went diagonal. 8(

I suppose I could have taken advantage of it and build diamond foundations
and walls but at the time it was a real pest. I had to save and exit to get
back to normal.
So it can be done... but how?

Granny.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 1:18:06 AM

I'm sorry if I made it sound like this was something I could and have done.
I was merely offering up the correct spelling for the boolprop cheat.

Sorry

:'(

MM

"deb" <deb@whoknew.com> wrote in message
> Mike Inside http://mikeinside.illusionfxnet.com/sims2/index.html has set
up
> a file for the snaptogrid, moveobjects and constrainfloorelevation. He
also
> tells you how to add more.
>
> MM, I haven't been able to put furniture on the diagonal even w/ the
> snaptogrid cheat. How are you doing it??
>
> thanks,
> --
> deb
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ... once again, road-runner leaves coyote in the dust ...
>

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Well, I suppose if you use the user cheats text file thingy for nude
Sims,
> > it'd be easy enough to add some alias's - I never thought of it before.
> >
> > You could even set it up so that you typed 'wiggle' or 'corners' or
> > 'elephant' if that was the word you thought you'd remember. . . .
> >
> > *thinking*
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
> >> I got this wonderful usercheat thing which uses shortcuts for all the
> >> cheats. It's so much easier to remember to put in 'snapoff' instead of
> >> boolprop snapobjectstogrid false.
> >> I think I got it at modthesims2
> >>
> >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> >> news:D BPRd.167528$K7.148571@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> > (I
> > trees
> >> in
> > Sims

> > highchair,
> > be

February 22, 2005 1:18:07 AM

Bummer! I was hoping I missed something. :-(
--
deb

!