Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Please help with memory issue

Last response: in Overclocking
July 18, 2010 5:29:25 AM

I have 2 CMX6GX3M3A2000C9(I can't find anything anywhere about this RAM kit. Is it a new kit or just not bought often?) (Corsair XMS DDR3 2000 9-9-9-24) kits on a Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard with a Intel Core i7-930 Overclocked stable to 4.0GHz ( this is my first time overclocking) and I can't use the XMP profile since I'm using 12GB. So since this is my first time overclocking and in the DRAM timings part of the bios is about 30 options(not quite but close) I'm wondering what settings I should mess with and what is the absolute tightest (Stable) timings that I might be able to get. I want to run the RAM as close to DDR3 2000 speeds as I can unless it isn't worth it. I could really use your guy's advice here on if I should go for DDR3 2000ish speeds (and if so what timings(and which settings to mess with)) or go closer to DDR3 1600 and get tighter timings? Also Which ever way you think I should go with it please include what my QPI/DRAM voltage should be for the Speed/timing(it took me long enough to get my overclock stable as is since this is my first time and I don't want to have to guess what I should set them at and guess wrong lol). Thank you all in advance for any guidance you can provide for me. I choose to ask here because I know that tom's hardware poster's are very knowledgeable and willing to help anyone who genuinely needs help (you got to help now that I put that in right? lol).

More about : memory issue

Best solution

July 18, 2010 5:39:46 AM

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-i7-870-1156,review-3...

So.. Yea.. OCing mem speeds will provide no real benifit.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the only reason you would want to raise mem speeds is for OCing a multiplier locked CPU?
July 18, 2010 8:43:30 AM

Yeah and ATM im currently at 4.0GHz on a core i7-930 so I don't need to go any higher since I already beat out a stock i7-975 but I would like to know what are the best timings that I can get for my current speed. here are my current settings:
DRAM Frequency- 763.7 MHz
FSB:D RAM- 2:8
CAS# Latency (CL) - 7.0 clocks
RAS# to Cas# Delay(tRCD)- 7 clocks
RAS# Precharge(tRP)- 7 Clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS)- 21 Clocks
Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) 74 Clocks
Command Rate (CR)- 2T

So my ram is running at 1527.4 MHz right now correct? I don't think that 7-7-7-21-2T is good for ram that is rated at 9-9-9-24 @ DDR3 2000 but agian please correct me if I'm wrong. all I need to know is what should I set my Ram to and what I need my QPI/DRAM voltage to be to run it stable on a Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard.
m
l
July 29, 2010 3:36:29 AM

Best answer selected by lawrencendlw.
m
l
!