Andrei69

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
hello
i just bough a new computer and i noticed that my cpu temperatures are unusually high and my vcore voltage is between 1.33 and 1.4
my cpu temperature on idle is 60-63 celsius
my PC: asus m3n78 motherboard,amd x2 7750 2.7ghz
is this normal?

Andrei69

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
i have cecked in bios, then with pc probeII,everest and CPUID and all tell me the same temperature and voltage

maniac59

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Hey, I also have a 7750, with a less expensive (Coolermaster RR-CCH-P912-GP) aftermarket cooler and an ASRock A780FullHD Mobo. I've got a couple different measurements, but idk which to keep track of. My BIOS lists a 'CPU Temp' AMD OverDrive lists 2 'Core Temp's for my cores and Speedfan reports the CPU Temp and one of the core temps. Now, in a 70*F room my core temp sits at 24* idle and as high as 36*or so under load, which sounds completely fine to me, but my CPU temp sits at 40* idle and gets as high as the low 50s under load. Which of these should I be monitoring? and if it's the CPU, any ideas why it may be so high?

My case has excellent ventilation, and even taking off the side panel doesn't affect the temps, This is the first computer I've built, however, and while I read all the instructions about installing the heat sink, it is possible I could have messed up my thermal paste application. Should I try taking it off and re-installing?