Asus P5E Deluxe CPU cooling

Kofoed

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Hi, first let me say that i am not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask for this, or if it suppose to be under motherboard, However.
I just bought the Asus P5E Deluxe, and when i was installing it i found out that my CPU cooler, was just alittlebit too large, Therefor.. I want to ask if any of you guys are having a Asus P5E Deluxe? and what cooling you are useing.

http://www.techfuels.com/attachments/motherboards-memory/1491d1208510523-asus-p5e-motherboard-asus-p5e-motherboard.jpg

you see that the place between the heatsinks and the CPU is not that big, so the cooler must not be too large. I have been looking at the Noctua NH-U12P, It large, but also high and might go over the chipset heatsinks. However i'm not a gambler and i don't like to take the chanse buying it if im not sure that it will fit.

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Honestly don't know if the Zalman will fit, though i do know my old TRUE did fit fine on it. There is quite a fine line as to when you hit the mosfets and capacitors, though as I've said TRUE definitely fits ;) .

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Anyone who knows anything about overclocking knows the TRUE ;) , it's up there still with the best of the them.

As a reference to CPU coolers in general look here and see which suits your price/performance range.

TRENDING THREADS