Antec 850 tpq and gtx 295

G

I just bout a new gtx 295 and antec 850 tpq. I have a questoin if these two graphic cards can work together or not. On antec's webpage the 850tpq has 18amps on each of the 12volt rails. Mine says 25amps? I'm confused. Can anyone explain this? I also am not exactly sure what plugs i'm suppose to use to hook it up into the gtx 295. The main bundle has two 6+2 pin pcie connectors. Do i use both of these to plug into graphics card? Or am i suppose to use one of these and one from the modular pcie line? Run both from the modular pcie lines? Thanks ahead of time to everyone and I really appericate you guys and all the help you guys give out to people.

Thanks

G

You guys are awesome thank you so much for the replies back :)))))))

The main bundle comes with 2 8pin connectors. Not the modular cables. I'm assuming use one of these main bundle pcie lines for the 8 pin connector to the graphics card and use a 8 to 6 pin converter for the 6 pin connector on the graphics card from one of the modular lines? Is this correct?

Thanks so much!!!!!!!
Gosh I love you guys here at toms.

I haven't tried it myself, but I think you could just use the main bundle and avoid using any of the modular cables. Your 8-pin connectors are actually 6+2. You should be able to use one in the 8-pin slot of the card; then take the other one, move 2 pins apart, then connect it to the 6-pin slot on the card.

G

Thanks aevm,

I'll give it a shot. I'm pretty noobish when it comes to things like this. PSU's are not my thing. I just was worried about the two 12 volt rails in the main bundle coming off the same line basically. So that basically the 25 amps is split between the two. Which of course would not be enough amperage to run the gtx 295. That's why I thought that you'd have to use one of the modular connectors. Guess that doesn't really make since if you wanted to sli or cf with this ps because then you'd need both of those 8 pin connecters from the bundle to be giving out 25amps for each card. That's just my thoughts behind it? #shrugs shoulders# I really have no idea what i'm talking about so i could be completely off.