Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking laptop

Last response: in Overclocking
July 18, 2010 7:36:59 PM

I have a toshiba l-40. You can see the specs in my signature. The laptop is very very fast and tweaked and works great.

It used to be very hot around 80*C but I opened it and cleaned it and then undervolted it to 3/4 of its normal voltage and temperature fell to 50-55*C.

I wanted to unddervolt it even more but the program does not allow me to do so. So since I can't undervolt it I want to overclock it.

My bios does not support this. Does anyone know a windows 7 64 bit compatible program for this? I tried clockgen but it's not working.

CPU Intel Dual Core T2330
Memory 3GB DDR2
Graphics: Intel x3100
Hard Drive X25 Intel SSD 160GB
OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64

More about : overclocking laptop

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
July 18, 2010 7:42:44 PM

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to achieve here. It seems you were trying to achieve lower temperatures, and now you speak of overclocking. Overclocking will produce more heat and require higher voltages.

Laptops generally do not support overclocking, due to the simple fact that it's next to impossible to remove the additional heat.
July 18, 2010 8:05:38 PM

I used RM clock to set the voltage from 1.2500 to 0.9500 and the laptop is stable at that voltage.

I also cleaned the laptop.

Temperatures fell from 80-100°C to 50-55°C and the constant fan noise disappeared.

However, RM clock does not allow me to reduce the voltage even more. I can't get any lower temperatures.

So, since I can't undervolt it even more, I want to overclock it to find the optimal settings for that processor.
!