XFX 680i LT SLI and fresh install of xp 64 problems

largetree80

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
I got tired of Vista and decided to get xp for my computer. It has a xfx 680i LT SLI motherboard in it. But when i try to install XP 64, it says no Hard drive detected.

I have a WD raptor in SATA. I have read that my motherboard can't read sata drives so it can't detect the drive. I have been trying to use this guide to slipstream the drivers onto the xp install disk.

http://www.msfn.org/board/Integration_nVRaid_drivers_XP_W2k_W2_t51140.html&p=356029#entry356029

Problem is i have no clue which driver pack to use. I can't use a floppy drive to install the drivers because the drive i have won't connect into my computer, there is no fitting connection. So i have to use the slipstream method with Nlite

So does anyone know which drivers a xfx 680i LT SLI i need to install windows XP 64 bit?

largetree80

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007

well i didnt get a reply so i created a slipstreamed xp64 disc with every 64 bit driver that was linked in that guide. Took a while but i have no other option. Nlite has built in protect from installing the wrong drivers so ill just try each disk and see if it works.

largetree80

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
it can boot from sata HD on vista, but on fresh install of xp, the drivers are not built in the board for xp to recognize sata drives. I don't have a sata bios option like other boards do. I'm not at home atm so i can't reply yet on all the bios menu options.

Do you not have the option to set SATA mode under Intergrated Peripherals > Onboard SATA Controller > Set to Enabled
> Onboard SATA Mode IDE ?, and why XP64 it's the most unsupported OS of all time, if you must have XP the XP32 SP3 at least would have the SATA drivers that you need or W7 64.

well if your motherboard brand's website does not have drivers for XP x64 you may have no choice but to use vista or at least the windows 7 RC.

like was said 64-bit XP has little to no driver support. if you have 4GB or more of ram and your set on using the ancient XP OS than your will have to stick with good ol 32-bit XP

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
XFX is the only hardware manufacture that I know of that makes you register to look at a user manual or download driver's, imagine that.......