Disk2Legacy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Where is all my storage? I have 280GB hard drive and it is partition off C=29.2GB and D=250GB. My C drive is full and I thought I would clean it up and free up some space. I have already ran Disk Cleanup and I have even removed some programs and placed them on D drive. Even if I remove all the programs I am only going to gain 2.84GB. What is filling up all my storage? Thanks in advance. -Jeff

If you have a huge file or directory full of lots of files that's taking up space, then WinDirStat is very handy. It shows you a graphical view of your disk with the folders and files shown as squares - the more space each takes up the larger the square. It makes finding large files ridiculously easy:

http://windirstat.info/

Disk2Legacy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009

I downloaded "windirstat.info and I agree, it does show ridiculously large files easy. But, I'm not sure which file to delete. I did delete one file that was pretty big and I knew it would not affect another program and I gained some storage. So I know it works. I just don't which file to delete. Thanks for the tip. -Jeff